Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

how to repair and repaint engine bay area

When I purchased this car the coil was mounted on the wall of the engine area as well was a oil filter relocation kit I am going to be pulling the 351W this month and want to repair the holes and repaint the engine area. Was wondering if just bondo would work and if there is repair panels for it also how would I go about painting it I do not have a paint gun and never used one before any help or do they sell it in say a spray paint can? LOL

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/BigPimpStallion/IMG_0134.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_0134.jpg

I know nothing about painting. I painted my engine bay using Magnetic Paint Brand's Chassis Saver paint in satin. It's easy to shoot and work with. Total cost in material was around $50 to shoot my engine compartment. It's very tough and doesn't scratch easily.

Chassis_Saver3b.jpg

My engine compartment after spraying it,

IMG_7261a.jpg?t=1266295967

I know nothing about painting. I painted my engine bay using Magnetic Paint Brand's Chassis Saver paint in satin. It's easy to shoot and work with. Total cost in material was around $50 to shoot my engine compartment. It's very tough and doesn't scratch easily.

Chassis_Saver3b.jpg

My engine compartment after spraying it,

IMG_7261a.jpg?t=1266295967

so would you use bondo to cover the holes?

i don't think bondo would be the best way to go... maybe fiberglass, but would recomend you to take a welder to fill the holes, grind down the extra material flat, then use a light filler compound to fill the small scratches from the grinding.

The reason why i wouldn't just use bondo, is their is a hole and noting to hold the material in place. could easily pop out, thus having you to redo your engine bay.

I know this as old post but I finally got around to tackling the front suspension this week. I just wanted to say thanks to Maxum for recommending that Chassis Saver. It was really easy to paint with and I like the outcome of it.

I know this as old post but I finally got around to tackling the front suspension this week. I just wanted to say thanks to Maxum for recommending that Chassis Saver. It was really easy to paint with and I like the outcome of it.