Sign in to follow this  
Swags63

Brake line Questions ????

I was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on a problem I'm having with the Mach and its brake lines. I bought a complete SS brake line kit for the car. The kit is the correct part # for it, but there where only 7 lines taken off the car and 9 lines came in the kit. None of the front line will fit and only 2 out of the 3 back lines work. I was wondering if anyone ever had this occur, also I checked the suppliers and they have told me that the 1970 kit has 7 lines in it. Is it possible to have a 1970 distribution block/proportioning valve on a 1969 car from the factory? The part # on the block is D00A 2B328 DX which I believe is a 1970 number. I will try to attach some pics. This is a power disc brake rear drum 9" 31 spline car.

The 1st pic is what I have, the 2nd pic is what I believe the brake line kit I purchased is for.

I hate you guys, I had to go look at mine LOL

My prop valve on my 69 has 9 Holes in the block, but one has the little switch in it and one has a brass cap over it, so only 7 lines actually go out of it.

My car is a power brake car with front disc and rear drums.

Whats yours got ?

The valve on your car is for a 70 maby, or a 69 with diff brake configuration?

But if you have power brakes with disc front and drum rear the new valve is correct.

Mike

Edited by MikeStang