Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

1969 Mach 1 Window Problem?

Both my passenger side and driver side windows have allot of play in them back and forth and neither of them when are rolled down and even and when I close the door I have to push the window inward or else it will bow out at the top about 1/2 inch. I tightened the regulator bolts and they are set correctly I believe do I have to take out with windows and re-glue them and everything?

There are several adjustments that can be made to the windows to get them to seal correctly. Good felts, guides and weather-stripping helps a lot also. Clean and grease the guides well with white lithium.

It’s possible you might need to re-glue but then again you may not just look at where the windows are glued in and see if they are loose. I would say you just need to mess with the adjustments until you get it to seal up. It’s time consuming and tedious to get them just right but you can do it.

Read these and you will have some better understanding of the operation of your windows.

Good luck!

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0603_window/index.html

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/173_0306_wind/index.html

173_0306_wind_18_khr_z.jpg

Steve...lots of good advice from trinitys there...

...having gone through this myself recently, look for the proper seating of the felts on the top of the doors (where the door card inner meets the window). Also, the little plastic guides may need replacing. In the photo below the circles are where the aluminium blocks housing the guides are. Note, a picture (not to scale) of the guides is inset.

Behind the plates circled are the blocks. Remove the 2 bolts, taking care to support them when removing, and remove the blocks. Each block has 4 guides that snap into place. Refit and adjust....:biggrin:

Oz

173_0306_wind_18_khr_z.jpg

Question. My passenger door window is glued in solid but the angle is off and no adjusting will seat it properly. How do you "unglue" the brackets and what glue should I use to reglue. Any tips on getting it to glue in at the proper angle?

OK....... check ebay, I saw a bracket set last night. I could not get the '69 regulators to work with the '70 glass so I have to install 70 regulators. They don't roll down all the way.

here is a write up......hope this helps.......

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0405_how_to_install_1970_door_glass_in_a_1969_mustang/index.html