Sign in to follow this  
69 S-Coder

Looking for a Distributor Recommendation

Well, I am down to one of my last decisions as I gather parts to put my 390 together. The distributor I received with my roller Mach 1 in a box of parts is not the right one, so I am starting fresh. Looking for a recommendation on an electronic system, integrated or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I hate to beat the duraspark idea in the ground, but that would be my recommendation. Especially if you use an MSD box to replace the duraspark module. I have done it a few times and it works great! FE duraspark dizzys can be found in 74-77 360-390 trucks, or can be built by combining a 390 points dizzy with any 74 and later v8 innerds.

I hate to beat the duraspark idea in the ground, but that would be my recommendation. Especially if you use an MSD box to replace the duraspark module. I have done it a few times and it works great! FE duraspark dizzys can be found in 74-77 360-390 trucks, or can be built by combining a 390 points dizzy with any 74 and later v8 innerds.

Yeah, that's a good idea or if your after a more stock look without a external box, you can go with a Pertronix point eliminator kit in a original points FE dizzy.