Sign in to follow this  
manley

Anyone used the 69 full quarter panels?

I bought new full quarters for my car because the PO repaired the original rusty quarters by simply laying quarter panels cut from a donor car over top the originals and welding them on....so I pretty much have 2 quarter panels on each side!

The new ones look so nice! I hope they fit as good as they look! Anyone replaced them and have an opinion of them to share?

i replaced both sides on mine. they had been skinned years ago.

they were nice, not perfect. they are missing a few details that you may or may not choose to fix. if you do want it to be as correct as possible then be sure to note any details before removing what was left of your originals. the quarter scoop in the driver side was welded incorrectly so that needed modified (that was an easy fix, but be sure to fit everything before final paint).

i had never replaced quarters before so it took me several weeks to do them. i did have to work them hard to get to fit properly...

not sure what your experience level is but here are some photos if you haven't replaced them before...

good luck.

Cool...thanks guys. It's all new to me, but I have a friend helping me out. He has restored 3 cars, but never replaced a full quarter. So far, we have replaced the shock towers, all inner aprons and the radiator support on my car. The deeper I get into my car, the more rust I find. Good times! :)

...here are some photos if you haven't replaced them before...

Hey....I noticed on at least one of you inner fender aprons, it looks like you had the same issue I have with the holes not being there for the fender bolts. Did you try to cut the holes in the new panels first, by any chance? I haven't decided how I'm going to deal with this. My new shock towers and the LH front apron have the holes, the other 3 don't.

I was thinking about maybe drilling 1/8" holes in the corners of the square hole and the using a small/wore down cut-off wheel the cut the sides. But I'm not sure....hate to risk screwing up a new part.