Sign in to follow this  
Wade

manuals wanted

I would prefer an original owners manual, or at least a repro that is good enough so that you can't tell the difference.

It doesn't matter about any other manuals, I just need to have some good references for working on the car.

Does anyone have a CD parts catalog available for these? I've had those for my newer cars and found them to be very helpful in getting exploded views and identifying specific parts.

An original owners manual is going to be a tall order, those that do have them usually have the original car too and won't part with them. I have a repro one and can't say how good it is without a reference to compare but it looks like it came out of the 60's to me and that's where I came from, (just barely) :whistling:.

For repair work you really want the Ford shop manuals, it is a 5 voume set for the 69/70's and is now available on CD and the original paperback. Every owner should have a set of these, they are invaluable. A Chilton's or Haynes is OK to have a secondary reference or quick guide but they cover like a 5-8 year range of models all in one and have much misinformation in them.

For a total restoration what you want are the Ford assembly manuals. These are repro'd by Osbourne now, not sure about CD though but they have one for every section of the car, body, interior, electrical, chasis and so on and this is what was used on the lines by the workers to build the cars, lays everything out like it was a giant Revell model kit. You match this up with a new AMK hardware kit and you can't go wrong even if the car was handed to you in 1,000 boxes and you never saw a completed one in your life.

Thanks,

I think I'll get the CD version. I need it for reference only. The car I got has already been restored and I want to study some of the wiring diagrams as well as other parts of the car.

I got the CD version of the 5 volume shop manual from ebay for $20 delivered. I own an original 70 Engine volume and an original 70 Chassis volume. I've had them for 25 years now. Wish I'd taken better care of them as they're kind of dirty now from my younger days.