Sign in to follow this  
zach69grande

Shop Manual - book or CD?

Just bought the CD last week and installed it a minute ago. It's in PDF format. Cost me $21.99, so likely cheaper than the complete set of books. Nice thing about it is you can print a particular page(s) you need to work on a task. You can also do a word search. I would say it well worth the money I spent to have it on CD.

I bought and have used the CD A LOT during my restoration. The word search is great and you can take the laptop into the shop and use it right beside your work. You can blow up the image, to a certain point, to see it better as well. I don't have a lot of room in the shop so having a CD is great. Plus, with the CD, you wont tear the pages or spill grease on it so its unreadable. Just be sure to make a copy of the CD for a backup. And its WAY cheaper than the books..... IMHO go for the CD....

B&DIMH

I guess I'm old school because I like the book in front of me not running to the computer all the time.

If you're talking about the Ford manual set they suck in my opinion, I have a stack of books and less information than one Mopar TSM. is there something better out there? if there is forget the blue blank books.