Sign in to follow this  
Fordrevhead

spray/brush in truck bedliner any1?

Yea, used duraliner from walmart. you need to get a air compressor and the bed liner spray gun. Need a good size compressor, cause the gun sucks the heavy syuff from the gallon container. Stuff looks good and drys fast. So far so good in TX heat.

Yea, used duraliner from walmart. you need to get a air compressor and the bed liner spray gun. Need a good size compressor, cause the gun sucks the heavy syuff from the gallon container. Stuff looks good and drys fast. So far so good in TX heat.

I've used Hippo and Gator bedliners on work trucks and was not happy with either. Started to chip off when abused even with the sanding and cleaning prep. My truck has a $350 pro spray in job before I bought it and it's been tough as nails

I've used Hippo and Gator bedliners on work trucks and was not happy with either. Started to chip off when abused even with the sanding and cleaning prep. My truck has a $350 pro spray in job before I bought it and it's been tough as nails

D.reese, what did it cost you? Pro job is easily $450 for a short box up here. I suppose I could prep it myself before bringing to them but I have an 80 gallon, 5hp, 150psi, 2 stage 220v compressor for sand blasting so if I can get a good product I want to do it myself... and it's all about the prep. I'm considering doing my rocker panels too. This is on my 02 Dodge Ram 2500 btw. (not a MUSTANG! :)

Anywho, sounds like the old body shutz guns?

D.reese, what did it cost you? Pro job is easily $450 for a short box up here. I suppose I could prep it myself before bringing to them but I have an 80 gallon, 5hp, 150psi, 2 stage 220v compressor for sand blasting so if I can get a good product I want to do it myself... and it's all about the prep. I'm considering doing my rocker panels too. This is on my 02 Dodge Ram 2500 btw. (not a MUSTANG! :)

Anywho, sounds like the old body shutz guns?

FRH, I beleive the stuff to be around 50.00 a gallon. I'd get two ( for good body thickness) with the gun from NAPA, maybe 35.00. Its reuseable if you clean it after use. The gun is the trick, don't try to roll the stuff, it will look like its rolled. No body out there ( bussiness) sales a rolled on bed liner for trucks. All are spray on for a reason.

Go to get a large pc of metal or card board to start with so you get the feel for the correct pattern and PSI setting on the compressor. Get a cartrige resporator. The fumes are tough to inhale!

Good luck, its easier than you think.

Edited by d.reese

FRH, I beleive the stuff to be around 50.00 a gallon. I'd get two ( for good body thickness) with the gun from NAPA, maybe 35.00. Its reuseable if you clean it after use. The gun is the trick, don't try to roll the stuff, it will look like its rolled. No body out there ( bussiness) sales a rolled on bed liner for trucks. All are spray on for a reason.

Go to get a large pc of metal or card board to start with so you get the feel for the correct pattern and PSI setting on the compressor. Get a cartrige resporator. The fumes are tough to inhale!

Good luck, its easier than you think.

Edited by d.reese

Have you guys done this on the interior and exterior/underbody or strictly underbody? I used Durabak on the interior of my jeep CJ and the stuff has lasted extremely well.

I just pulled the carpet on my mustang and the floors look great, now i'm trying to figure out what to use to keep them that way.