Sign in to follow this  
dlinebar

Racing stripe size and placement

aaahh, like 65-68 Shelby "LeMans" Style? Two 10" stripes 2" apart?

Or the Titus Trans Am? From STangNet....Three stripes, 20" total, Center stripe is 10", outside stripes are 3" with 2" between stripes. Clones vary, body guys do what they feel like a lot of times (we're just weird like that >fumes I guess<) A lot are 3" gap, 3" stripes, etc.

Or even rarer, a Shelby Mustang Supersnake? I believe this was intended to be the same as the TA and I believe the stripes for at least the ONE 67 and ONE 69 Supersnakes I have seen pictures of were both the same.

Then there's the 05 to 08 Supersnake stripes: three tripes 14" Wide Overall (12" Main Stripe With .5" Space & .5" Pinstripe On Both Sides Of Main stripe)

Or just a plain racing stripe? :asshole:

:surrender: LOL :biggrin:

aaahh, like 65-68 Shelby "LeMans" Style? Two 10" stripes 2" apart?

Or the Titus Trans Am? From STangNet....Three stripes, 20" total, Center stripe is 10", outside stripes are 3" with 2" between stripes. Clones vary, body guys do what they feel like a lot of times (we're just weird like that >fumes I guess<) A lot are 3" gap, 3" stripes, etc.

Or even rarer, a Shelby Mustang Supersnake? I believe this was intended to be the same as the TA and I believe the stripes for at least the ONE 67 and ONE 69 Supersnakes I have seen pictures of were both the same.

Then there's the 05 to 08 Supersnake stripes: three tripes 14" Wide Overall (12" Main Stripe With .5" Space & .5" Pinstripe On Both Sides Of Main stripe)

Or just a plain racing stripe? :asshole:

:surrender: LOL :biggrin:

There is a standard. Denny is right to a degree but honestly only the center 2" dimension should be a constant, otherwise it doesn't look right at certain angles. Shelby did a lot of research on the LeMans stripe layout and to look correct optically you have to create an illusion. The stripes actually taper on the hood, (roof if applicable) and trunk. The Tony Branda website has the best diagram to follow but their site seems down right now, you can follow these too, they should be the same but the line art is not as clean.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/graphics/lemans.pdf

There is a standard. Denny is right to a degree but honestly only the center 2" dimension should be a constant, otherwise it doesn't look right at certain angles. Shelby did a lot of research on the LeMans stripe layout and to look correct optically you have to create an illusion. The stripes actually taper on the hood, (roof if applicable) and trunk. The Tony Branda website has the best diagram to follow but their site seems down right now, you can follow these too, they should be the same but the line art is not as clean.

http://www.mustangdepot.com/graphics/lemans.pdf