Sign in to follow this  
Angel

performance shackles?

Is it really worth installing performance shackles? I know they are twice as thick as stock and therefore, will not flex. But for a car that will never see a track and is driven daily, will i really notice a difference? I installed a rear sway bar, 7/8", and ive got 4 1/2 mid-eye leafs. Up front, stock suspension except for the sway bar. Upgraded to a 1 1/8". Oh, polyurethane bushings all around and i cut 1 1/2 coils off of the springs for close to a 3" drop. The rear bar really made a difference and matched the front. I already bought the shackles but do you guys think they're worth installing or should I just return them? Thanks guys

Is it really worth installing performance shackles? I know they are twice as thick as stock and therefore, will not flex. But for a car that will never see a track and is driven daily, will i really notice a difference? I installed a rear sway bar, 7/8", and ive got 4 1/2 mid-eye leafs. Up front, stock suspension except for the sway bar. Upgraded to a 1 1/8". Oh, polyurethane bushings all around and i cut 1 1/2 coils off of the springs for close to a 3" drop. The rear bar really made a difference and matched the front. I already bought the shackles but do you guys think they're worth installing or should I just return them? Thanks guys

angel... wow... that looks great ... i was thinking of going with shelby end caps and trunk lid.. but i dont know how it would flow with this stance .. this looks mean, sleek and ready to rock!! :rockon: man i gotta stop listening to sirius hair nation ... im stuck in the mid 80's with my comments.. lol .. time to move back to pandora for a bit.. sorry off topic...

i would love to pull this stance off ... maybe with the same ride height in the back without the front rake the shelby rear would look good... boss 429 hood scoop ... nice.. 10 out of 10 no doubt .. great ride... !!!

what vendor Boss 429 scoop is installed? i would remove my factory hood scoop for that look. almost looks like the scoop is shaved a bit and not as high as others i have seen.

sorry for the questions, just excited about this ride...! :punk:

ok. this is really it

angel... wow... that looks great ... i was thinking of going with shelby end caps and trunk lid.. but i dont know how it would flow with this stance .. this looks mean, sleek and ready to rock!! :rockon: man i gotta stop listening to sirius hair nation ... im stuck in the mid 80's with my comments.. lol .. time to move back to pandora for a bit.. sorry off topic...

i would love to pull this stance off ... maybe with the same ride height in the back without the front rake the shelby rear would look good... boss 429 hood scoop ... nice.. 10 out of 10 no doubt .. great ride... !!!

what vendor Boss 429 scoop is installed? i would remove my factory hood scoop for that look. almost looks like the scoop is shaved a bit and not as high as others i have seen.

sorry for the questions, just excited about this ride...! :punk:

ok. this is really it

Thanks guys. Actually, i want to lower it another inch in the back. I've already got 4 1/2 mid-eye 1" lowering leafs in the back but i think it needs a lil more. Im somewhat hesitant because i dont want the tire to rub. Ive got 18x9.5 centerlines back there. Back in high school, i was running a 255/45/18 when i first got the wheels. But since i hadnt rolled the lip, when i would have people in the back seat, it would rub the tire, BADLY! Since rolling the lip, i installed 275/40/18's and retrofitted some coils to my rear shocks. Dont rub anymore but i still want to install 285's so im not sure if i should lower it just yet.

Yea the hood is a boss 429 style but the scoop in only 1" high. I thought about the shelby lid but its kinda expensive for a piece im not too sure about. i like it but it seems too big for a rake like this.

Thanks guys. Actually, i want to lower it another inch in the back. I've already got 4 1/2 mid-eye 1" lowering leafs in the back but i think it needs a lil more. Im somewhat hesitant because i dont want the tire to rub. Ive got 18x9.5 centerlines back there. Back in high school, i was running a 255/45/18 when i first got the wheels. But since i hadnt rolled the lip, when i would have people in the back seat, it would rub the tire, BADLY! Since rolling the lip, i installed 275/40/18's and retrofitted some coils to my rear shocks. Dont rub anymore but i still want to install 285's so im not sure if i should lower it just yet.

Yea the hood is a boss 429 style but the scoop in only 1" high. I thought about the shelby lid but its kinda expensive for a piece im not too sure about. i like it but it seems too big for a rake like this.

that'sa lot of tire.... post some pics of the rear when you have a chance.. ah cool 1" high.. i think it looks great! i wouldn't mind purchasing one.. who did you buy it from...?

that'sa lot of tire.... post some pics of the rear when you have a chance.. ah cool 1" high.. i think it looks great! i wouldn't mind purchasing one.. who did you buy it from...?