Sign in to follow this  
xplane

New Rollers!

fvike

Chassis stiffening is the key factor. Without it, the suspension won't work.

How far did you go with the chassis stiffening? This car will not see much street time at all.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the brake setup advice, good data point. <o:p></o:p>

I got to see Bad Penny at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Del</st1:place></st1:State> Mar goodguys autocross last month. The car was very composed and Steve did a great job at the wheel!<o:p></o:p>

Mike<o:p></o:p>

Edited by xplane

fvike

Chassis stiffening is the key factor. Without it, the suspension won't work.

How far did you go with the chassis stiffening? This car will not see much street time at all.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the brake setup advice, good data point. <o:p></o:p>

I got to see Bad Penny at the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State><st1:place>Del</st1:place></st1:State> Mar goodguys autocross last month. The car was very composed and Steve did a great job at the wheel!<o:p></o:p>

Edited by xplane

I got the TCP Subframe connector system, and a Monte Carlo bar, and an export brace. I'm running a 1 1/8" front swaybar. The difference is amazing. When I jack up the car at a rear wheel, the front wheel at the same side comes up too, and also the other rear wheel when I jack high enough.

I got the TCP Subframe connector system, and a Monte Carlo bar, and an export brace. I'm running a 1 1/8" front swaybar. The difference is amazing. When I jack up the car at a rear wheel, the front wheel at the same side comes up too, and also the other rear wheel when I jack high enough.

I have the export brace, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Monte Carlo</st1:place> bar, and I plan on thru the floor subframe connectors. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I am interested in some of chassis stiffening ideas from the SN65 website. Anybody here have any experience with these or similar mods?

Anybody have any experience with the Mustangs Plus kit to tie the subframe connectors to the rockers?

I have the export brace, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Monte Carlo</st1:place> bar, and I plan on thru the floor subframe connectors. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I am interested in some of chassis stiffening ideas from the SN65 website. Anybody here have any experience with these or similar mods?

Anybody have any experience with the Mustangs Plus kit to tie the subframe connectors to the rockers?

I love that car,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Last press I saw on the car said he had 520,000 miles. I hope I live long enough to rack up those numbers!<o:p></o:p>

The car that originally inspired me back in the early 90's, and put a 69 fastback at the top of my list was Rick Flores's Boss 302. This car used to terrorize the cruise scene in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>San Antonio</st1:place></st1:City>, along with Mike Murillo's Star car. Kind of cool seeing an 8 second ride show up at the Pig Stand cruise on Friday nights!

Mike

Edited by xplane

I love that car,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Last press I saw on the car said he had 520,000 miles. I hope I live long enough to rack up those numbers!<o:p></o:p>

The car that originally inspired me back in the early 90's, and put a 69 fastback at the top of my list was Rick Flores's Boss 302. This car used to terrorize the cruise scene in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>San Antonio</st1:place></st1:City>, along with Mike Murillo's Star car. Kind of cool seeing an 8 second ride show up at the Pig Stand cruise on Friday nights!

Mike

Edited by xplane

bnickle,

looks like you are going for the photo-negative of Hal Baer's car

I DO NOT care for white cars, but they seem to find me. I own four and have an OEM replacement color picked out for each. I just hate painting cars!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

bnickle,

looks like you are going for the photo-negative of Hal Baer's car

I DO NOT care for white cars, but they seem to find me. I own four and have an OEM replacement color picked out for each. I just hate painting cars!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I am looking to sell the 92 LX in the near future, to help fund the other "white cars".

It runs mid 10's on Cali pump gas, and drives like a stocker. The ultimate sleeper...

Anybody?

Mike

I am looking to sell the 92 LX in the near future, to help fund the other "white cars".

It runs mid 10's on Cali pump gas, and drives like a stocker. The ultimate sleeper...

Anybody?

Mike