Sign in to follow this  
Koby

Dynacorn 1969 Fastback

Ok guys and gals! I have been surfin' for almost a year and I think I may go for a Dynacorn. I have read all the pros and cons and opinions on this site and think it may be the best way to go. While I love the 69 stang as Ford built them and would love to keep one all original, the good cars out there are few and hard to find.

Seems that everyone is selling a "RARE" car and want big bucks for it.

If I'm going to spend 30k + on a car that has been patched or restored by someone or a clone why not have the fun of building one on my own for that price.

While I am not a body man I am mechanical and could do the rest of the work myself.

Big question is how much will the bodywork and the rest of the parts cost me?

I know that is a loaded question and that depends on if I want to go original or restomod but give me your opinions on how much yall think it would cost me.

I would go with a better front and rear suspension, motor and trans. Upgrade at least the front seats but keep them looking close to original.

I want something to corner well and still be able to run a quick 1/4 mile. This would be a several year project for me and my boys.

I have located a fastback basket case that would need everything and could use that VIN if needed.

Also please let me know if you find a 1969 Fastback for me. I don't mind one that needs work but do want one that is unmolested (patch jobs or loss of interest). I would keep that as original as can be.

I am also looking for a daily driver coupe for now. One that may need some repair but is drivable as is with some minor repairs. But again one that is unmolested!

Yes I have big dreams but thats what keeps me going! Dreaming is healthy for you!:sleeping:

Oh man, that isn't just loaded, that's a shotgun.

Well just for shits and giggles let's go with just the big stuff, all new parts round figured (and you really should double the cost at the end for a proper budget).

Body work and paint: 10k

Basic V8 Crate engine: 5k

New 5 speed: 2k

Rack & Pinion: 2k

9" rear: 1K

Interior: 1K

Wheels/Tires: 2K

That alone puts us at 23K (undoubled) on top of the Dynacorn body which I think is like 17K?!?!?!??! That's about 10K over your budget and doing all the mechanical work and parts installing yourself. I would say by reusing/refinishing most if not all of that from a donor car or junk yard parts could probably cut that list in half (not including body work and paint) plus the cost of the parts car so I'd say that would probably come closer to your 30k mark but again wihtouut doubling for all the stuff that can and will go wrong or change along the way.

220px-1959-Penny-Front-Back.jpg

So just find and hope for a good car that has been redone and selling for 30k would be the cheaper route!

It's almost always cheaper to buy a finsihed car but then again, it's not always your vision and you don't always know what kind of job you really got since no one likes to go tearing down what appears to be a redone finished car.

I dug up this old link for you, it has a nice check list so you don't miss inspecting all the little details and keep track of what prospective car is what. I must have looked at 2 dozen cars all over the country before buying mine and it was the only way I could keep track of things.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1721