Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Side Mirrors, need some help/info

I ordered some side mirrors from CJ Pony Parts and ended up with two of the wrong style left hand mirrors. ( http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort ) I didnt know that they were the wrong style though because the car was at paint.. So i sent one back and got a totally different style ( http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort ) Problem is that neither of these fit my original mounting holes. The car is a Grande and must have come with the racing mirrors, so are the mounting holes farther apart for the racing mirror? and does anyone have measurements of the length between mounting holes for standard and racing type mirrors? I need to figure out where this went wrong. Maybe a previous owner installed new mirrors and holes in the door from another year.. But there is no sign of that.

I'm pretty sure the mount on racing mirrors is longer than the standard rectangular chrome mirror. You could order a set of gaskets (pads) for cheap and see if the holes line up.

Your links are broke, but looking at their website, it looks like the ME2S is the correct standard mirror and ME4R is the correct racing mirror for a 69. I don't know if you could get a standard passenger-side mirror from the factory (somebody here will know), but they sell a ME14S for the passenger side.