Sign in to follow this  
jgstang

alum rad 2 rows of 1" tubes w/fans

has anyone used this rad from ebay ? been eyeing this one because it sounds good, has the shrouwd/fans and looks real nice!

alumrad.jpg

828559639.gif

SquareTrade

You are bidding on a new Entropy aluminum radiator for the 1967 - 1970 Mustang and with 11.5" HP fans and an aluminum shroud. MADE IN THE USA. If you need the absolute most unadulterated cooling level possible in your Mustang, this is it! This bolts in directly - no holes to drill or a trip to the hardware store for a parts hunt. Unlike most of the wide Mustang radiators for the 67 - 70 Mustang, you don't need to butcher your stock mounting brackets to make it fit. This unit includes an aluminum shroud with high power 11" paddle blade fans (not the cheap lower powered fans) delivering a TRUE 3000 CFM. Together, they pull 35-40 amps (check the current rating on the cheapy fans that claim to pull high CFM). This unit features all aluminum construction, a nocklok forced nitrogen brazed core, two rows of 1.0 inch cooling tubes, precision TIG welded construction through out, strong 6061 hose connections, brass drain cock and overflow connections. *** This is auction for either the automatic version or manual trans version - please specify at checkout ***. For a plug-and-play wiring kit, please see my other auction for the thermostatic sealed relay wiring kit. 599. plus 50. for shipping!

I only spent about 250 and I have a very nice setup.I got one of these fans and a 16" fan kit off of ebay also an it all looks,fits, and works great.Here is a picture of the radiator installed.I dont have a picture of the fan installed but could get one if needed but it fill up the whole radiator and there is no need for the fan shroud.

I am looking into one off of ebay also. trying to cool 408 clevor... dont want it to overheat as soon as i install it. i have a 3 row HD for ac/351w part 8005-1F RADIATOR, T1.50, B1.75, 16" X 24 1/4" X 2" from NPD i purchased back in 94' man im getting old... but its been out of the car since 2000.

i couldnt find the one pictured below with dual fans on ebay .. but did find some interesting solutions and good pricing... Item number: 190287167136 looks good.

but i need the clamp in 24"

:shifty:

Item number: 190287167136 looks good.

Looks like a good find. Mine came from Sumitt - A CoolTech dual core for $200. Fan was a 16" 3000 CFM single pusher for $100 Had to go pusher due to space limits with the March set up. I left the core radiator support and built in stand off intact. If I was to cut that out I could have gone with the setup in Post #1 and might at a later time but I didn't want to structurally modify the front radiator support - yet

Thats the same one I got and it works great.Here is a better picture with the fan installed.The fan is a push or pull fan

:w00t: Where did you get those Aluminum(?) heater hoses?

Sorry to hijack.:whistling: You can send it to me in a PM.

no problem cupid & good eye, i was just looking at the radiator...but the alum heater hose looks nice/clean ! i second that question, where did you get that ? i know the stainless rad hose you can get at summit or ebay etc...

Again very good eye I didnt think anyone would notice those small details:huh:.The steel heater hose that I have on my engine came out of a 77 Ford with a 400.They are factory tubes that I thought would really clean up my engine bay.These tubes have a mounting bracket attached that mounts to a valve cover bolt and they stay in place.My motor is a 351C so they fit real nice with a 302 or a 351W the valve cover mounting holes are in a different location so they dont fit as nice but the will work.

I am looking into one off of ebay also. trying to cool 408 clevor... dont want it to overheat as soon as i install it. i have a 3 row HD for ac/351w part 8005-1F RADIATOR, T1.50, B1.75, 16" X 24 1/4" X 2" from NPD i purchased back in 94' man im getting old... but its been out of the car since 2000.

i couldnt find the one pictured below with dual fans on ebay .. but did find some interesting solutions and good pricing... Item number: 190287167136 looks good.

You should give your 3 row 24" a try before replacing it. I'm using this same radiator on my 408 and it runs very cool all the time, even idling in traffic on a hot summer day. I may replace it for an aluminum one some day, but only for the weight savings. It couldn't possibly run any cooler.

69gmachine... thanks.. i think ill take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and tested before it goes in. been sitting for a while, so i want to make sure it can still hold pressure and nothing is living in it...:tongue_smilie:

You should give your 3 row 24" a try before replacing it. I'm using this same radiator on my 408 and it runs very cool all the time, even idling in traffic on a hot summer day. I may replace it for an aluminum one some day, but only for the weight savings. It couldn't possibly run any cooler.

69gmachine... thanks.. i think ill take it to a radiator shop and have it cleaned and tested before it goes in. been sitting for a while, so i want to make sure it can still hold pressure and nothing is living in it...:tongue_smilie: