Sign in to follow this  
chillininnh

American Racing Magnum 500's finally in the works??

I just received my latest edition of Hemmings Muscle Machines, if you don't get this magazine you outta check it out, it's fantastic. In the new product section they have an advertisement for the 2 piece AR500 magnum 500 knock off. They are available in 15-17 inch diameters and up to 12 inches wide, costing between $325-410 and must be custom ordered. This seems to be quite an increase since the last time they were advertising them (and didn't make any?!), still cheaper than the Wheel Vintique billet version. Now I know Pak had his heart set on a set of these (as did I) and got jerked around pretty badly a while back so take this for what it's worth.

FW_1435_500.gif

Edited by chillininnh

I spoke with one of the guys at Newstalgia Wheel about the AR Magnum 500; they said there is a lead-time since they are custom made, however turn-around time and customer service with AR should be improved vs. last year's experiences. It turns out that AR was purchased and going through some managerial changes that obviously affected their business experience with customers, and things should be improving from here on out.

Should I decide to go 17", their Magnum 500 will probably be the right wheel for my car, however I also like the look of their 200S (painted). But, I'm still hoping to package a 15"x10" out back with a 295/50-15 by rolling the wheel lip... Call me old fashioned, but I just really like the look of all that sidewall!!!