Sign in to follow this  
coz

Clutch Actuators and pedal kits...

Oh, my word! It's almost half the price of a new T-5! Ouch.

Is there an advantage of going with the hydrualic set-up? I have to do the swap in a few months so i'm fishin' for info. Thanks.

yes pricey but I bought my as part of the TKO600 package.

I think Keisler states it best on their web site as to the advantages. They use the word easy several times. Easy is a relative word... While the installation is straight forward getting the bolts attached is very hard. Small opening in the BH requires small hands and lots of patience and crows feet wrenches. It took us 4 hours to get one bolt attached - very awkward access, tight turning area and using crows feet wrenches requires alot of patience. Once completed, I am very happy with the results, feel and action.

It eliminates the clutch fork, Z-bar, pushrods, and all the related bracketry and hardware. The Hydraulic Clutch Actuator System offers many benefits, including:

• Smooth pedal effort due to in-line motion of bearing along axis of travel, and low mechanical loss caused by friction of moving parts. You can actuate our 650HP clutch plate with one hand!
  • Dramatic simplification and reduction in moving wear items
  • Less maintenance and lower operating cost
  • Bolt-on, easy installation compared to mechanical system, making automatic conversions far easier.
  • Dramatically more clearance for headers

The system includes the following items:

1. Race Duty Master Cylinder – Long life piston with dust boot, high volume ports, adjustable knuckle ball joint, premium mounting hardware, installation instructions for entire kit.
  2. Race Duty Hydraulic Release Bearing – Heavy-duty 300,00-mile expected life bearing for use with all diaphragm-style clutches. Low-maintenance, self-adjusting, and self-aligning.
  3. Keisler-exclusive Bleedable Line – Brand new line features easy bearing connection and innovative quick-bleed fitting.
  4. Keisler-exclusive Custom Firewall Mount – Easily installs over original clutch rod hole and provides correct pedal-to-pushrod geometry.
  5. Premium Leak-Free Clutch Fluid Reservoir Bottle with Diaphragm and Cap, Tubing and Clamps.
  6. All brackets, hose, clamps and gaskets for a clean and easy installation.

Yikes!

I like the hydro clutch and installed one on my fastback. I pieced my own kit together using quality CNC brand slave and master, purchased the bracket to mount the slave to the trans. Only thing I really had to fabricate was how to fasten the actuator to the pedal assy. Im in it under $200 and it works like a charm. I do like the hydro throw-out though...