Sign in to follow this  
GreeneMachines

Clock

Can anyone help with instructions for rectangular clock disassembly? How does the knob come off so I can remove the lense? I don't think anyone makes the quartz conversion for the rectangular clock, any recommendations on how to fix? Just clean the contacts?

Thanks and Merry Christmas

The clock knob unscrews counter clockwise. You may need to hold the stem with a small set of needle nose pliers while you unscrew it. I used some compressed air from a can that was used to blow off dust on computer key boards. I cut off a piece of emery board used for fingernails and cleaned the contacts. I put it all back together and it ran perfect for 24 hours and quit again. I'm not sure how to oil the movement. I'm sure you dont want anything too heavy. I'm gonna take mine out and do it again. Do you already have it removed from the dash? Thanks for saying "Merry Christmas" instead of Xmas.

Thanks for saying "Merry Christmas" instead of Xmas.

+2, They asked me at work if I would cook for them or what I was going to bring in. I told them I only participated in Christmas parties, not the ones that begin with "X". To many people now days forget the true meaning of the holiday.