Sign in to follow this  
flight96

Welding And Seam Sealer...

Well I am about to start to do some welding. Inner fender skirts/torque box's and, of course, floor pans. My question is this. What is the best seam sealer out there? I have used Sikkaflex in the past, the marine industry swears by it. I have also heard that you can get a sealer that acts as a weld. Some people are using it to do door skins instead of welding. Does anyone know what the product name(s) is ?

I plan on rosette welding the pans in and seam sealing the rest. The 'weld' seam sealer sounds like it may be the best for this ?

I have a wire feed flux cored welder (Gasless) that I hope to use. I really don't want to spend money for a new welder. If anyone has any welding advise I would greatly appreciate it !!

Thanks in advance for all/any help...... I have a thread going in the "Progress" forum if you want to have a look at my project/dilemma !!

You may be thinking of Lords Fusor. Sika & Lords both make excellent industrial/automotive adhesive sealers. We use both at work for gluing on & sealing a fiberglass plug over armor and setting the armored glass in armored vehicles. I'm still not sold on using them in structural applications.

IACOAPics024.jpg