Sign in to follow this  
james the flame

69 mach 1 rear window louvers

I am busting my ass to try to finish my project dream car before a November 21 car show I go to every year. I will be installing rear louvers this weekend.(on my brand new paint job). Any advise or tricks I need to know before I start drilling holes in my "new" car??? I will put new clips and stainless around the glass today. I need to install the rear glass louver, put my rebuilt dashes back in, install the interior and reupholster the seats,( I bought all new seat covers),Blackout the hood, install the exhaust,and put decals on the side and back. And then it will be ready to drive to the car show. The show is only about 30 miles from my house and will have about 150 cars.

James, Congrats on the progress. What you need to be sure and do is take some painters tape blue or green, and tape off all around the area to drill, actually when you measure out make your drill marks on the tape. Measure 4 times to make sure, and then use a very sharp drill bit !!! You dont want it " walking " on your finish. You might take a sharp scribe and "start" the hole indention BUT do not hammer it. Hope this helps good luck.

I agree with the methods mentioned, all will work, but NONE will chill the nerves. Did the hood pins on ours and used the tape. I believe the pins and the door stripes were the most taxing things for the brain that I did! Must use small pilot on thin metal or when drilling it will grab and chunk to one side throwing off the hole.

Measure twice cut once, good luck and same with the show.

Thanks fellows, I went ahead and got the hood blacked out and installed. I got the dash put back in. I will start on interior this week and the rear louvers. I ordered my windshield today and it will be delivered tomorrow. Doesn't the windshield just glue in????? I still don't think my gas gauge is working even though I installed a new printed circuit. I have not even driven this car yet. I can't stand it!!!! But I don't want anyone seeing it until it is complete. James