Sign in to follow this  
Juice It

ash tray

It's kinda hard to tell but it looks to me like the factory ford ashtray only relocated because of the shelby gauge package. If that's the case then any ashtray from a console equipped 69 or 70 should work.

You're right, the ashtray area was wider and contained the ashtray and lighter. The ashtray itself looks to be the same size to me though. Maybe a photo from the up between the seats would help along with a part number from your ashtray if there's one stamped on it. I have a console laying around and can check mine.

I looked at the one I have and it has what appears to be the numbers 1A29003 stamped on the bottom. (NON-SHELBY)

I took some photos, but the website won't let me add them at the moment.

I hoep that this helps.

Bill from Ottawa, Canada

Edited by unfrozen1969

I looked at the one I have and it has what appears to be the numbers 1A29003 stamped on the bottom. (NON-SHELBY)

I took some photos, but the website won't let me add them at the moment.

I hoep that this helps.

Bill from Ottawa, Canada

Is it square and does it look like it will fit my console?

That ash tray is Shelby Specific. A while back there was talk of someone doing a reproduction run on them but I never heard anything else. You can find them every once and a while on E-Pay.

Check with Tony Branda and he may know if there are any reproduction ones available. The real ones still command a high price.

Link: http://www.cobranda.com/

CIMG02401111.jpg

i've been looking for info on this for quite a while, especially since the repro shelby top plate started being repro'd. thebest i've been able to figure out the shelby ashtray was actually from some sort of GM application with an added little grab handle screwed on. i've never been able to definitively narrow it down though and since i don't actually have the shelby top plate i can't take just go junkyarding to find something with the correct dimensions

I've given up on finding the ashtray, and would like to see a drink holder to insert into the rectangular hole. Does anyone have any suggestions? ... the drink holders for the a/c vents or door windows are cheesey.

btw does anyone have an old console plate 69/70 std/dlx ? I need one for my boy's car.