Sign in to follow this  
Truck

69 Police 302's?!?!?!

I was wandering around the net the other day, and I found info on a "police/taxi" ford 302 with a "D" code....anyone know anything about them? I'll have to edit in when I find my bookmark. It gave specs on all the 69 engines, except this one...HP rated as "???"

This is one of the charts. There was another version of this material that gave more info...still looking

http://www.carburetion.com/Kits/ford.htm

I was wandering around the net the other day, and I found info on a "police/taxi" ford 302 with a "D" code....anyone know anything about them? I'll have to edit in when I find my bookmark. It gave specs on all the 69 engines, except this one...HP rated as "???"

This is one of the charts. There was another version of this material that gave more info...still looking

http://www.carburetion.com/Kits/ford.htm

That's what's so funny about it. They had the "F" code 2-bbl listed (with it's 210 bhp), but apparently, the "D" code had an aluminum 2-v intake manifold that exactly matched the iron one of the "F".

The rumor around (so I hear) is that the later 5.0's were closer to stock spec than those of the 60's....just wondering if anyone had any other rumors (or actual info) about them.

That's what's so funny about it. They had the "F" code 2-bbl listed (with it's 210 bhp), but apparently, the "D" code had an aluminum 2-v intake manifold that exactly matched the iron one of the "F".

The rumor around (so I hear) is that the later 5.0's were closer to stock spec than those of the 60's....just wondering if anyone had any other rumors (or actual info) about them.

it doesn't surprise me that the police 302 would have an aluminum intake since it was quite common for ford police engines to have them, what i found kinda strange was that the 69 428 police epcial was still using the autolite 4100 carb, i've been looking for one of those carbs forever as well as a 58/59 only 1.19 venturi 4100 that i can afford and have only ever found one of the police 428 4100 carbs but have found 3 or 4 of the 1.19 carbs over the last 2-3 years.

it doesn't surprise me that the police 302 would have an aluminum intake since it was quite common for ford police engines to have them, what i found kinda strange was that the 69 428 police epcial was still using the autolite 4100 carb, i've been looking for one of those carbs forever as well as a 58/59 only 1.19 venturi 4100 that i can afford and have only ever found one of the police 428 4100 carbs but have found 3 or 4 of the 1.19 carbs over the last 2-3 years.

...i've been looking for one of those carbs forever as well as a 58/59 only 1.19 venturi 4100 that i can afford and have only ever found one of the police 428 4100 carbs but have found 3 or 4 of the 1.19 carbs over the last 2-3 years.

So what's the difference between the 58/59 4100 and the later ones?

...i've been looking for one of those carbs forever as well as a 58/59 only 1.19 venturi 4100 that i can afford and have only ever found one of the police 428 4100 carbs but have found 3 or 4 of the 1.19 carbs over the last 2-3 years.

well in 58/59 there were actually 4 different version of the 4100, the normal 1.08 and 1.12 venturi but also the 1.06 and 1.19 venturi versions as well, the 1.19 version is said to flow around 650-680 cfm and it looks like any other 4100 carb....can you say sleeper? LOL:shifty:

edit: also up to 1964 all 4100's used standard holley jets. BTW, holley originally designed the 4100 for ford and the 80's model holley 4010 and 4011 are direct descendants of the 4100 design. the 65 and later 4100's used the oddball ford jets which their jet numbering system was really just a part number and didn't actually correspond to anything size wise.

well in 58/59 there were actually 4 different version of the 4100, the normal 1.08 and 1.12 venturi but also the 1.06 and 1.19 venturi versions as well, the 1.19 version is said to flow around 650-680 cfm and it looks like any other 4100 carb....can you say sleeper? LOL:shifty:

edit: also up to 1964 all 4100's used standard holley jets. BTW, holley originally designed the 4100 for ford and the 80's model holley 4010 and 4011 are direct descendants of the 4100 design. the 65 and later 4100's used the oddball ford jets which their jet numbering system was really just a part number and didn't actually correspond to anything size wise.