Sign in to follow this  
6T9rustang

Question for the Cleveland buffs.

A friend of mine aquired this cleveland valve cover. We were wondering what size engine ie: 302,351 2V or 351 4V and what vehicles in the US this might have been fitted to. This has come off a cleveland out of an Aussie car. Thats about all the information we got down here!:whistling: I remember most Aussie 302s had the orange and 351s were blue!

P1010528.jpg

A friend of mine aquired this cleveland valve cover. We were wondering what size engine ie: 302,351 2V or 351 4V and what vehicles in the US this might have been fitted to. This has come off a cleveland out of an Aussie car. Thats about all the information we got down here!:whistling: I remember most Aussie 302s had the orange and 351s were blue!

P1010528.jpg

I may be wrong but I think the only Cleveland is a 351.

I know for sure that we ran the 302 clevo,s down here.The Falcons were badged as 4.9L. The guys used to pick up a 302C dirt cheap and put in a set of 351 crank and rods. You guys might have just ran the 351C in the US. Interesting!

I may be wrong but I think the only Cleveland is a 351.

I know for sure that we ran the 302 clevo,s down here.The Falcons were badged as 4.9L. The guys used to pick up a 302C dirt cheap and put in a set of 351 crank and rods. You guys might have just ran the 351C in the US. Interesting!

It appears its original to an aussie 302C as none were used in the US. It is probably the same part, only orange in color, as the 351C, 351M, 400M US piece. US 302s are windsors and have a different shape cover with the exception of the Boss 302s which as you know are a windsor block with cleveland heads.

It appears its original to an aussie 302C as none were used in the US. It is probably the same part, only orange in color, as the 351C, 351M, 400M US piece. US 302s are windsors and have a different shape cover with the exception of the Boss 302s which as you know are a windsor block with cleveland heads.

Cheers for the info guys! My mate is trying to find a pair of these because he only has one. I mite have to search the Aussie Ford forums to see if there are any around. My friend and I, both agree that this style of the embossed 'powered by Ford' is very rare. So the hunt begins!

Cheers for the info guys! My mate is trying to find a pair of these because he only has one. I mite have to search the Aussie Ford forums to see if there are any around. My friend and I, both agree that this style of the embossed 'powered by Ford' is very rare. So the hunt begins!

I got an answer off the Aussie mustang site and here it is:

Originally posted by BLKPNY

XA and XB Falcons had that valve/rocker cover. Hard to get now, and worth a few $$, (I threw o many away!) because people cut out the phrase and welded it into the firewall/trunklid etc.

BUGGA me!!:cursing: Oh well, hine-site's a beautiful thing aint it?

I got an answer off the Aussie mustang site and here it is:

Originally posted by BLKPNY

XA and XB Falcons had that valve/rocker cover. Hard to get now, and worth a few $$, (I threw o many away!) because people cut out the phrase and welded it into the firewall/trunklid etc.

BUGGA me!!:cursing: Oh well, hine-site's a beautiful thing aint it?

if you are looking for the US equivalent they are pretty abundant here, came on pretty much all clevelands and most 351m/400. ebay should turn up a bunch, they'll be ford blue and not orange but the covers themselves are the same.

Thanks bnickel and others! i let him know, cheers.

if you are looking for the US equivalent they are pretty abundant here, came on pretty much all clevelands and most 351m/400. ebay should turn up a bunch, they'll be ford blue and not orange but the covers themselves are the same.

Thanks bnickel and others! i let him know, cheers.