Sign in to follow this  
PaleRider

Bottom door trim piece on Std door panels

I've got a 1970 that has standard door panels (leave about 6 inches of door showing at the bottom). I've seen a couple cars online that have a vinyl or carpet peice that covers that area. Have not seen this listed in any catalogs though. Since I'm repainting my car - I think I would rather get that piece than having to worry about painting bottom black. Any insights on where I can find them. thanks

I've got a 1970 that has standard door panels (leave about 6 inches of door showing at the bottom). I've seen a couple cars online that have a vinyl or carpet peice that covers that area. Have not seen this listed in any catalogs though. Since I'm repainting my car - I think I would rather get that piece than having to worry about painting bottom black. Any insights on where I can find them. thanks

I have never seen carpet or vinyl at the bottom of a standard panel, the pictures you have seen online are either a deluxe panel or a custom piece. Some folks paint it body color to make it easy but I honestly do not like that look, the correct black paint is the way to go.

I have never seen carpet or vinyl at the bottom of a standard panel, the pictures you have seen online are either a deluxe panel or a custom piece. Some folks paint it body color to make it easy but I honestly do not like that look, the correct black paint is the way to go.