Sign in to follow this  
6T9Mach1

Header clearance problems - Hooker headers

I finally got my engine in last night and my headers as well; I have all sorts of clearance issues with the drivers side header. One of the primary tubes is tight against the bottom rail of the engine bay and the collector flange is tight against the floor boards. I had to cut the tab off the metal spacer between the engine and tranny as well, but that did not give me much movement. The headers are Hooker Competition headers, which I have always heard are very good fitting long tube headers. I'm not sure if I will be able to "tweek" the headers enough to get enough clearance so nothing rattles. Plus the headers dont look like they sit down low enough; is this what everyone elses looks like?

DSCF0694.jpg

DSCF0696.jpg

It seems to me that they should be a little lower...they are hardly lower than my frame rails which is great for ground clearance but not good for getting past my floor boards. Anyone have any better luck with Headmans or engine swap headers; or if I have to, shorties notamused.gif