Sign in to follow this  

Black interior color

I just cut and installed my lower dash a/c vents. I have a black lower dash and rear interior panels. What is the correct paint color and finish for the fiberglass panels and dash?

I'm no expert and always seem to learn by doing things two or three times. What i have learned is that it is a two part process for the fiberglass panels. After getting your panels clean from oils from your hands, etc (rubbing alcohol works very well) i spray a base coat of Krylon semi flat#1613. When that is dry, lightly scuff it with a scotch brite pad, and spray a coat of Metalic Black Charcoal (good for black interior panels from 67 to 73) available from Scott Drake. I think the charcoal paint number is L-4464. It usually takes to light top coats to get the stock look. I cant speak to the color of the metal lower dash panel. Hopefully someone else can. Good luck!!

hi guys hey armond can you steer as in the right colour codes for top metal door strips ,back fastback trim panels and front grille silver, ppg codes are good and is the underdash ashtray flat charcoal or just charcoal thanks heaps:helpsmilie:

The metal door panel tops are DDL 32586 as are the rear interior fiberglass panels and window post trim. The lower ash tray was DDL 9295 and if it was a non fold seat car the seat back that the upper back seat attach's to is DDL is 32651. This is straight out of the PPG book. The code for Argent that was used on the GT wheels and front trim is DDL DQE 8568, I actualy ordered some Argent today. The williamwolf people I have bought from in the past said the formula for the Argent was no longer available. He didn't want to take the time to make it up for me, so I called the Autocolorlibrary people and they are gladly formulating the Argent for me in their house brand Lacquer. They were great! http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/