Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Cold Air Intake

Ok a while back (I think it was a long time ago) there was a topic talking about where/how to mount a cold air intake. Thinking about it I am thinking about doing a dual snorkel type and cutting 2 holes in my front air dam. (figuring i can massage them to make it semi funnel into the flex pipes, figure this wont be an eye sore (may even look good), be a good functional spot due to lots of air flow being in that area and blocked already. Need to figure out how I'd bring it up to the air cleaner but shouldnt be too hard.

What do you guys think?

Ok a while back (I think it was a long time ago) there was a topic talking about where/how to mount a cold air intakes. Thinking about it I am thinking about doing a dual snorkel type and cutting 2 holes in my front air dam. (figuring i can massage them to make it semi funnel into the flex pipes, figure this wont be an eye sore (may even look good), be a good functional spot due to lots of air flow being in that area and blocked already. Need to figure out how I'd bring it up to the air cleaner but shouldnt be too hard.

What do you guys think?

hi mate. how's your vehicle now? did you do the dual snorkel type. I've been hearing this one from different forums but I don't have any further ideas bout this

Edited by Pakrat
Questionable link added to quote from poster!

Looks like the Spectre part has the air cleaners in the wheel wells? Wouldn't that be a rather dirty environment for them - especially in rainy weather?

I believe the kit specifically for the 69-70 Mustang actually will go between the headlight bucket and the gravel/splash guard that goes inside the wheelwell, but I may be wrong. I think the universal kits kits that use a "normal" looking air cleaner assembly instead of the cone filets would look better myself, and you could run the tubes to the areas you want to.

$267 plus tax for a ram air box kit Need to file it away for possibilities after new headers, exhaust, reclining seats, wheels, roof. By then I will probably have rust repairs or an engine rebuild!,

$267 plus tax for a ram air box kit Need to file it away for possibilities after new headers, exhaust, reclining seats, wheels, roof. By then I will probably have rust repairs or an engine rebuild!,

I wouldn't bother. The performance gains are negligible.