Sign in to follow this  
ihateclowns

Carpet Question!!!

I have installed the one-piece convertible seat riser in my sportsroof. I have a new set of black carpet for a sportsroof to install. However, the seat riser has the raised areas over the driveshaft tunnel and causes fitment issues suing the regular carpet. Additionally, the convertible carpet would work, except for the fact they they are moulded differently on the sides due to the inner rockers. Anyone tackled this one yet? If so, what did you do? If not, any ideas out there? Here a link to the pic.

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/album18/69_FastbackCharlie_036?full=1

Clowns!

:clown:

Ahhh......another issue rears its head. And one i had not considered. I also have a one piece seat riser but am not far enough to get to the carpet. Hopefully someone has crossed this prob. and has some insight.

Clowns, have you put a seat in yet? I noticed those risers are alittle taller and have a little head to headliner interference.

Yikes! I just put my carpet back in my vert and my original seat risers look nothing like that, granted they aren't one piece but if they were and looked like that then the convertible carpet would not fit either, it would have to fall short at the rockers with that giant camel hump in the middle of the tunnel. Even if you get it covered I have to think it is going to look horrible unless somehow you can cover it with a hallowed out console or somethiing.

Are you sure it is installed correctly? I can't help but think that it is supposed to replace part of the tunnel and not go on top of it.

The only suggestion I can think of is to cut a large slit into the carpet in the center of each seat pan that would be hidden under the seat and it may stretch open enough to give the extra needed to cover the hump and reach each rocker still.

Interior_002.sized.jpg

I think it is installed correctly. Here is a picture (link) of the same seat riser in one of the Dynacorn 67-68 fastback shell they are currently selling. I do plan on using a full crusier console so I am not as converned about the hump area. I am concerned about what it does to the moulded areas in the carpet where the footwell sections of the floorpan are. I have placed the carpet in the car to get a rough idea of how it will fit and it stretches out too much in some areas.

I have also email Dynacorn (to no avail) to see if they have planned around this issue and contracted with ACC or someone else to make the correct carpet.

Finally, I have not put seats in to check clearance. I will have my seats finished by next week and will rough fit then to test clearance. I'll keep pics posted on my link in the gallery.

Clowns!

http://www.mustangandfords.com/techarticles/mufp_0707_dynacorn_1967_ford_mustang_fastback_replacement_body/photo_07.html

Well, I don't know where Dynacorn gets their info from, all I know is I own a convertible and thankfully I have nothing that looks like that in my car so I'm out of ideas. I would love to see a finished interior shot of a dynacorn car because I don't see how you could ever hide that and I can't see how any console aside from custom built is ever going to sit flat across the whole tunnel unless somehow the aftermarket ones made to go over an exisiting console have enough clearance for it.

This will be interesting to follow along on to say the least. I just can't imagine any car having so much flex that it makes this obstacle worth overcoming.