Sign in to follow this  
Ponyboy

70 glue in glass

Does the 70 glue in glass work in the 69 tracks or will i need to get the track it sits in.

reason i am asking is i like the look of the trim on the 1/4 window rather than on the front window , and i picked up a couple of 70 1/4 windows with real nice trim on them today at the junkyard besides when i bought mine it didnt have any trim on the windows at all

I think the really early 70s still had the 69 style glass so as long as it's glue in, I believe it will fit.

I thought that Ford started putting the 70 style bolt in glass into the 69's late in the model year? I thought I read that somewhere, very well could be wrong though.

You'd be better off swapping over to the 70 style bolt-in anyhow. The 70 brackets are available on Ebay, but they aren't cheap.

Check out this post for more info as well...

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=35979

I thought that Ford started putting the 70 style bolt in glass into the 69's late in the model year? I thought I read that somewhere, very well could be wrong.

I thought I heard or read that somewhere also becuse alot of the glass was falling out of the glue in tracks. All 70's that I have seen had the bolt in glass, even some very early cars.

One reason for the change was it was easy to break into a 69 Mustang by car thieves....One bang with a flat edge screw driver and hammer and the window came loose from the track.... so that's why the bolt in, in late 69....

It would seem to me that they would be interchangeable. The illustration catalog lists both the bolt-in and glue-in as 69/70. There isn't a 70 glue-in listed, or a 69 bolt-in. It doesn't break the 1/4s out either. It's all just "1969/1970"

well the 70 i took this out of had glue in glass with trim on the 1/4 glasses and near mint trim as well

Did you happen to look at any of the VIN #'s? After 40 years it could be a 70' with 69' doors, a 69' with a 70' nose or simply a 70' that someone took the glass from for their 69' already and dumped the old 69' glass into it. There are many combinations and scenarios to explain it that are not equal to how the car was originally made.