Sign in to follow this  
Hendog

TCP disc brake upgrade

Any of you guys have any experience with total controls street version (thats the cheapest and smallest diameter version) front and rear disc brake upgrade? They are reasonably priced, half of their performance street version and about half of most other upgrades. The fronts increase the track width by 3/4" on each side which may cause problems with backspacing when I purchase new wheels, but seem like they might still be much better than the stock front disc/rear drum set up. I'm only interested in an upgrade at this time because I just installed their front coilover suspension kit and the stabilizer bracket on the caliper hits the lower shock bolt before the spindle hits the steering stop. Also just installed a randalls rack and pinion system (can't wait to drive this baby now)so my mustang money is very low at this time. Thats why I like the price of that upgrade. So I need to address this problem soon. Any other suggestions to solve that problem economically would be appreciated and thanks for your help.:helpsmilie:

Not sure how much the TCP kit is but I went with Mustang Steves brackets and am installing the 94-03 Cobra brake set up...like the fact that they use factory rotors, pads and calipers..also the brake sizes were engineered to work together by Ford..bought crossdrilled rotors from ebay and bought the Ford Bullet calipers from Summit..not sure but think it was less than $1000 for all of it..

just my 2 cents..

Have'nt seen that sight before, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

Very popular site for this conversion and according to most the best prices you will find shy of going to the pick and pull yourself.

Not sure how much the TCP kit is but I went with Mustang Steves brackets and am installing the 94-03 Cobra brake set up...like the fact that they use factory rotors, pads and calipers..also the brake sizes were engineered to work together by Ford..bought crossdrilled rotors from ebay and bought the Ford Bullet calipers from Summit..not sure but think it was less than $1000 for all of it..

just my 2 cents..

noticed your wife has a new stang and some new pics, any more from that ste you plan on adding to the gallery? alternatively, you could just email them directly to me.....LOL

have more pics but not really appropriate for this site..SORRY..your loss..LOL

That's why we have a "members only" section.:shifty: (There's a joke in there somewhere but I'm not going for it)