Sign in to follow this  
Burn

Traction Masters Fake or Real?

Which ones are real Traction Masters?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones are real Traction Masters?

• Gray
    • Gold
    • Neither

Give up? Well, the gray ones are the real Traction Masters. As you can see, the diameter of the tube is larger (1.125â€)and it looks better built. The TM's also weigh about 2-3 lbs more. Also, the real TM's have an M-1 casting on the ends.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Why the hell do I have both sets?? We'll I ordered the fake ones from Dallas Mustang Parts. Their catalog said "original traction masters" but when they arrived they didn't have the M-1 so I called TM to verify if they were the real deal. NOPE!<o:p></o:p>

So I ended up ordering directly from Traction Master. Great company, Great customer service and fast shipping. Packaging was 50 times better than DM too. <o:p></o:p>

The gold fake ones are awful purdy, but not strong enough to be on my car. The cost difference between the two is only $20 so why not buy the real deal, Right!<o:p></o:p>

http://tractionmaster.com/<o:p></o:p>

:tongue_smilie:

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Guess I missed this thread originally but I was going to say gray just becasue the ends look like a real T fitting and not just another piece of tube welded across.

I wouldn't be too happy with DM though, how come you haven't returned them?

I wouldn't be too happy with DM though, how come you haven't returned them?

I like to procrastinate, but I did FedEx them back today. I’m anxious to see if they refund my shipping or not.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

This post is basically just a FYI. I’m hoping someone can learn from my mishap.

Cheers!

Burn OUT!<o:p></o:p>