Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgstang

white letter pens

i found a guy on ebay that sells pens for letters on b/w tires to make them white lettered.has anybody used anything like this ? i'm old school and like the white lettered tires look but can't get them in perfornace 16/17" tires, i know wrecking yards use yellow pens for marking tires rotation and it doesn't come off.sounds odd but if it works and doesn't come off when cleaning the tires i'm in! thanks

There was an old school pencil I used years ago from JC Whitney that worked great and was cheap but did not last long and was designed more for fixing damaged letters and not making black ones white. Now a days duplicolor has made a paint pen called hot tires that is suposedly easy to use and does last well. I am actually planning to try their red pen on my new tires to make custom redlines out of them.

Got a link to the ebay guy so I can see what he is selling?

Well Summit racing has the duplicolor paint pens for tires.

"Dupli-Color Hot Tires Tire Paint Pens

Add Sherwin-Williams color to your tires.

These Sherwin-Williams Hot Tires tire paint pens give you a way to add color to revive or personalize your musclecar, truck, or sport compact car tires. They can be used to touch-up faded whitewalls, tattoo your high performance tires to match your car, or create a stock car look with yellow letters. You can even use these Sherwin-Williams pens to stencil your sidewalls, color in your tires' grooves, or make your own unique style of lettering on your tires. Whether your tires are or old or new, these Sherwin-Williams Hot Tires paint pens can bring them back to life."

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=401129+320824+115&autoview=sku

Pakrat, don't know how to make these neat links that you guys do here to make it easy to view stuff so i got the item #s for you to check out... 230216490362

190195011133 there yea go!

i picked up 2 white hot tires pens from the auto parts store for 14.00 and they work really good! need a steady hand! so for those of you like myself that like white lettered tires you can have them with any size tire now....

All my local stores don't carry the darn red unfortunately, they only have white and yellow and I hate paying $5 shipping online for a $6 item.

Show us a finished pic when you get a tire done.

I will when i get one done, next time i'm in town i will check to see if they have red! if they do i will pick some up and send some to you and when recieved just send me a check for what it cost me if you like ? if you want to do this how many pens do you want ? Jim