Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foothilltom

VIN Tag Removal

Hey guys, Happy New Year.

Wondering how the VIN plate is attached to the dash. I've just taken out my windshield (I wound up cracking it fatally despite all my best intentions, dammit) in preparation for removing the dash and need to know if the tag is "stuck" to the dash or if it should be easily removed.

It appears to be glued in place by the black sticky stuff that holds the windshield in and tucked beneath the dash.

I don't want this salvage title VIN on my restoration project (though I do want the dash) and am wondering if it is permanently attached to the dash.

Tips on removal are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

Are you trying to swap VIN's from one car to another!??!??!? There should be no real (or legal) reason to remove it other than having to replace the entire cowl on the car with that of a donor.

Before I asked the question, I thought the tag was attached to the DASH, which I do plan on swapping between cars. I didn't want the tag moving between cars, hence my question about removing.

The donor car is a salvage title and I didn't want that on my restoration project.

Tom