Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SparkyGT

Need rocker for 69 FB, will 69-70 coupe fit?

Hi all, i need to replace the driver side rocker for 69 GT350 FastBack , will 69-70 coupe fit?, i dont have to use the entire rocker, only from the wheelwell to 3/4 forward. what im doing at the moment of this post is deciding whether to order one from a coupe or cut up my 70 grande coupe for parts. The Grande is rough with quarters,fenders,doors having some rust spots. but it was a cleveland 4V car. not sure if i should chop it up past the point of no return quite yet

measurement seem close and took off the rocker moldings, no rust spots in them

1970MustangLeftSide.jpg

youn can order repro's. don't chop the grande up just yet. it looks salvageable so either restore it or sell it to someone who will. a 4v-cleveland grande may not be the most desirable stang around but it's also not at the bottom of the food chain either.

youn can order repro's. don't chop the grande up just yet. it looks salvageable so either restore it or sell it to someone who will. a 4v-cleveland grande may not be the most desirable stang around but it's also not at the bottom of the food chain either.

i agree, theres no point to cut up any classic that is in fixable shape

Well it looks like the grande is getting the chop, the floors are kinda bad, but am trying to minimize damage to it, since it is a good numbers car. kind of ran out of time to source one in time, what im cutting out is area from door hinge pillar to front of quarter, the grande i bought just for little parts, and will think about selling the moldings someday, they are pretty decent for used - before was trying to get a fastback to hack up, but everyone local knew what i was up to, so didnt get many kind people when i showed up to look at their cars/projects