Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForceFed70

My winter project - Turbo '70 Grande

Updates? Im thinking of doing a turbo setup close to yours.

Still running fine, no real problems. Not much to update. Moved and had a baby in the last year so the car has taken the back-burner for a while. But hasn't broke yet which is a good thing. Still set at only 7 PSI tho.

Sort of off topic but...

I see you are running a T5 with 3.73's. How does it run on the highway? Thinking of going 4.11, but worried it might be a touch too many spins on the highway...

Maybe I should turbo the stang... It's actually the only car (of 4) I have that isnt...

-Shane

Sort of off topic but...

I see you are running a T5 with 3.73's. How does it run on the highway? Thinking of going 4.11, but worried it might be a touch too many spins on the highway...

Maybe I should turbo the stang... It's actually the only car (of 4) I have that isnt...

-Shane

Personally, I hate the 3.73's with the T5. It's too low geared. 1st is useless and I hate having to shift into 2nd 1/2 way through a left turn. If I was to do it again, I would go with 3.50's. It really depends on your power/torque tho.

On the highway it's no problem. 60MPH = approx 2200RPM.

How long you think that T5 is gonna last behind that turbo'd windsor?? :tongue_smilie:

Lol. Not long. I'm amazed it has lasted as long as it has. I think it's the street tires and me babying it that has saved it.

An upgraded transmission is my next project.

How is the fitment with power steering and ac?

Tight. I don't have AC, so didn't have to worry about that, although I think the compressor would fit without too much issue. The lines and condensor would probably need to be modified.

I did need to re-route the power steering lines a little, but nothing major.

Cool. Im thinking of going from a 302 to 351 myself. Looking at notching the towers to gain a couple inches. you think it wouldve helped you much?

It would have helped a little. Where you really need the room is lower down, closer to the motor mounts.