Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burn

'70 Chrome Rocker moldings

The car looks to be a concourse and its a origainal '70 428CJ Sportsroof sleeper so the car is big $$$ and rare. I suppose they could have fitted it with '68 moldings.

How do you know all that? It's highly possible that it was an original dealer add on too but original doesn't make it correct. I have seen other 69's and 70's with rockers like that but they were not offered by ford on any build or order sheet at all.

those are indeed original 70 rocker moldings. it was part of the exterior decor package for 1970. nothing like it in 69 though. i saw an article on that car in Ford builder or Hemming Muscle Car magazine a few months ago and it is indedd a concours original 70 fastback with a CJ. it was from an article comparing teh CJ mustang to a 440 (i think) Super Bee or something

Bnickel, you're right. I did some Photoshop work on the first picture. Attached is the original article. Its small and you can’t read it but some guy was selling this article on ebay and said it was an original '70 Sportsroof w/428CJ. I even named the image file 70_428cj.jpg so I would remember what was special about the car.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

I hope I can find a part number for these molding because I think they are bad ass. I have a plane Jane Sportsroof and I want something like these to spice it up a bit so I won’t have to turn it into a Boss or Mach1 clone. <o:p></o:p>

PaK, thanks for the links. It seems these molding are some what of a mystery to everyone.<o:p></o:p>

Hopefully someone on here has a set and can get the part number off it or clue us in on its history.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the replies.<o:p></o:p>

Cool! I'll call the owner of NPD and see if he'll get the part# for me. Yeah, Right!

I know one of the owners of NPD has a Bad Ass '69 Boss 429. I posted some pix's in the "killer '69s around the net" thread.

Those NPD guys have got some dough...and nice Stangs.

Cool! I'll call the owner of NPD and see if he'll get the part# for me. Yeah, Right!

I know one of the owners of NPD has a Bad Ass '69 Boss 429. I posted some pix's in the "killer '69s around the net" thread.

Those NPD guys have got some dough...and nice Stangs.

it's the same guy, Rick Schmidt

I still havn't had any luck finding new mouldings. It looks like I may have to take bnickle's advice and try to restore my old ones to their former glory.

I found one NOS one on ebay, and it showed up bent. Then I found two nice shape used ones on ebay. These were the Grande ones with the black vinyl insert. They aren't repro'd, and given the number of people restoring Grandes, they wont ever be. I looked for 6 months before finding any. I even got the factory part numbers, Googles them, and used all the usual Ford NOS and obsolete dealers with no luck. I am pretty convinced that ebay is the only way to go for any of these.