Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R4K

Need your help, guys!

I'm looking for a fastback and I need as many eyes out there looking for a good deal as I can get. If anybody knows a good '69 or '70 deal, it'd be you guys.

Details in the proper forum here.

Sorry, Ben, if this is cross-post pimping, but I know that most times I never look down and see if there are posts in the Classifieds (because it's below the scroll on a 1024x768 resolution screen), and I figured I'd get the initial visibility I needed here.

So you finally came to terms that the Ridiculon is just never going to do it for you no matter how you mod it eh? Obviously so much so that you are even willing to consider a 70' so long as it's a sportsroof.

I assume that your minimum condition is at least a solid roller or will anything do if the price is right?

I'd prefer a solid roller, but if it's less than that, it needs to be a really good price. Remember this thread I posted last month? There's deals to be had (I just seem to keep on missing them).

Yeah, '69 or '70, I'm not picky. I like the trim sleek look of a '70, or the muscular grunt look of a '69 (the rear quarter vents of a '69 really do make an impact on the visuals).

Really, I'm just looking for more learning experience. There were very few more satisfying experiences in my life than cruising down the open road on an engine I just rebuilt, my first one. I want that again. Right now, I can't have more than one car, and I'd done everything I'd really wanted to do on the Ridiculon.

Also, I'm spending too much money on this hobby, lol. If I can get a deal like one of the ones I've linked, that'll leave a good $5k - $7k cash aside that I can use instead of using my income, lol. I'm a little OCD in my hobbies, I can't help it. I REALLY get into my hobbies, lol.

But I realized that I REALLY loved my car the instant I listed it. Every time I go by it in the garage, it makes me sad that it's going away. =( But I realized that I got it where I wanted it, and had done everything I wanted to on it. Anything else I would have done would have been fluff, or breaking something just to redo it. All of which would have been pointless, unrewarding, and probably costly, lol.

So really, I guess it's just more about the journey than the destination.

I'll may not have the car anymore, but I'll always have the experience and memories.

Now I'm ready for another challenge. =)

lol, tell me about it. *sigh*

Thanks for lookin', though.

Oh well, despite my waxing poetic above...I'm not opposed at all to getting a good deal on a turnkey daily driver. Maybe I'd get some stuff done around the house if I didn't spend so much time in the garage, hehe.

I'm looking for a fastback and I need as many eyes out there looking for a good deal as I can get. If anybody knows a good '69 or '70 deal, it'd be you guys.

Details in the proper forum here.

Sorry, Ben, if this is cross-post pimping, but I know that most times I never look down and see if there are posts in the Classifieds (because it's below the scroll on a 1024x768 resolution screen), and I figured I'd get the initial visibility I needed here.

Not a problem, i'll keep an eye out. If i hadnt already sunk alot of dough into my coupe i would do the same thing.

hell, i'm gonna be selling mine for another coupe!!!!!!! it's a cougar coupe but it's still a coupe, i actually like the coupes better personally, less flashy and they make better sleepers than a fastback. case in point 69GrandeCJ's car, who would ever expect a lime gold 69 grande with wire hubcaps and a flat hood to be a 428cj car? certainly not me.

That's the exception not the rule. You'll have a hard time finding anyone to argue that the sportsoof isn't the sexiest, next to the vert of course. I honestly think 69' is when the coupe design started to jump the shark. All prior years I like them about as much as the fastback. That's not to say that I wouldn't take a 428 coupe over a 250 fastback anyday but pound for pound the coupe does come up a tad week in aesthetics.:shaun:

Yeah... You probably should have bought that fastback........haha sorry that sucks I know how ya feel. I'll keep looking for ya.

LOL, if I'd known I was gonna get up the nerve to actually sell the coupe, I'd have just bought that damned fastback and gone for the "easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission" route with the wife and weathered out the storm!

Fall Carlisle is coming up. You can usually get better deals on cars in the fall. People want to make room for the winter projects so they sell their current drivers.

I doubt I will go this year but if you need a place to hang your hat for a night let me know. I'm 90 minutes from Carlisle....

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/fall/index.asp

Thanks, man. I never thought of that. It's probably a longshot, wife's a bit sick of my hobby as it is, so a roadtrip is most likely out of the question. Are there any good deals at things like that? I'd figure that you would have a better chance at good deals finding a non-enthusiast than at a place full of guys that "know" Fords. If so, are there better deals early in the week before everybody shows up, or towards the end of the week when the guys are getting desparate to not have to haul their stuff home? =)

Not a problem, i'll keep an eye out. If i hadnt already sunk alot of dough into my coupe i would do the same thing.

Yeah, that's my problem...if I keep the coupe, I'm just gonna spend more money on it. I'm uncontrollable, lol. And aside from a few bolt-ons, I've actually got the coupe where I want her.

hell, i'm gonna be selling mine for another coupe!!!!!!! it's a cougar coupe but it's still a coupe, i actually like the coupes better personally, less flashy and they make better sleepers than a fastback. case in point 69GrandeCJ's car, who would ever expect a lime gold 69 grande with wire hubcaps and a flat hood to be a 428cj car? certainly not me.

I really like coupes alot, best year of Mustang hands-down. I'm not a fan of the sleeper look, though. I LIKE the muscular look of '69s.

That's the exception not the rule. You'll have a hard time finding anyone to argue that the sportsoof isn't the sexiest, next to the vert of course. I honestly think 69' is when the coupe design started to jump the shark. All prior years I like them about as much as the fastback. That's not to say that I wouldn't take a 428 coupe over a 250 fastback anyday but pound for pound the coupe does come up a tad week in aesthetics.:shaun:

Really? I love the '69 coupe, I just love the fastback more. I'd take that 250 fastback and swap the engine and build the crap out of it, hehe.

the 69 coupes worst feature is those damn backwards "vents" on the quarter panel, they are almost as bad as the vents on the 94-68 mustangs, but only almost. however if you replace those vents with some nice shelby side scoops as you and i have done then they are actually quite handsome cars. even deleting them completely and filling the dip left in the quarter is good too, though that makes them look a little plain.

LOL, I think I'm the only person on the world that actually likes the '69 coupe vents!

I like the vents too, but perfer the Sportsroofs and Converts over the coupe's.

Good luck on your search. How far are you willing to travel to pick-up a car?

I could borrow my neighbor's truck and trailer (and possibly my neighbor, he's retired) definitely to anywhere in NC, SC, VA, MD, DC, and the closest parts of WV, GA and TN. If it's a really good deal and could drive onto a trailer, I would just have it shipped via carrier. If it's a really, REALLY good deal on a non-runner, I could have it shipped as a non-driveable...but probably only from somewhere East of the Mississippi. Anything further than that would probably be cost prohibitive and ruin the "deal" factor of it.

Fall Carlisle is a bit of everything. I've seen trailer queens and barely make it drivers and everything in between. Prices are all over the place but there is a lot of room for "negotiation". It is certainly a buyer beware environment and you have to go in there with a price and car condition in mind and not waver.

They make it very easy to temp. title and register the car. You get a temp. plate and all so you could drive it home.

Deals can be found every day. Some believe Sunday is the best buying day since people are anxious to make a sale. However, Sunday may not have as many cars due to Friday and Saturday sales. We usually go up on a Friday due to the crowds. A buddy bought a She-velle there last year. Was not as advertised but he got a good deal regardless.

Usually there are several dozen Mustangs with most being vintage. I would say you can find 5~10 69/70 FB's. All kinds of coupes, resto-mods and the high end GT350 and 500's. Funny the GT500's demand top $ but usually look a bit "rushed" on their restores. Every year there is the same GT350 and GT500 there with a price of 175K. Obviously they never sell. I did see a real sweet 69 GT500 convertible I really liked but it was 80+K and I didn't have my "other" checkbook at the time. Good thing too because I would have bought it on site. Afterall, you only live once and debt is so overrated - HA!