Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

burritoboi5

What's next?

Which one?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• 3rd gen ram diesel lifted on 37s
    • 40s power wagon "mule"
    • 60s convertible corvette
    • 60s convertible chevelle/malibu

Hey everybody. Me again starting yet another thread. I was hoping I could get your opinion on something. Which would you choose?

You see come summer time I have no car because the mustang isn't ready. So what I'm debating is what would make the most sense.

Option one a 3rd gen dodge ram with the cummins and 4x4 lifted and on 37s, full winch and bumpers. This would be usable in the snow and summer (I live in CT)

Option two a 40s dodge powerwagon. This would be functional year round and able to pull down a house but would be slow as molasses.

Option three a late 60s corvette convertible. Fun as all hell in the summer and on nice days but a bitch in the winter, which honestly I would only be driving probably 4 times in the winter.

Option four a mid to late 60s chevelle/malibu convertible which would have muscle car power but the cool factor of five passengers and no top. Also a bear in the winter though.

All of this is just hypothetical and no decisions would be in any way permanent or even saying that they would happen at all. But if they ever were to happen. Feel free to post other suggestions too. And another mustang is not an option :D

Lol, good thing this is hypothetical bud because I was starting to think you had gone off the deep end. First off we are at the end of summer so maybe come winter time you have no car but next summer is a loooooong ways off. Second, can you honestly say that with either of the last 2 options that you would every really be much in the mood to drive a coupe? Once you've gone topless there is no going back.

I say get a nice winter 4x4 and leave the coupe for summer only, or as long as it is hypothetical then why stop at just those 4?

"Option two a 40s dodge powerwagon. This would be functional year round and able to pull down a house but would be slow as molasses."

Drop in a 6bt Cummins, Stacks, 5 or 6 Speed, np-241hd, Duce and halfs, some 50" Goodyears, finish the interior out nice and you could still do 80 down the highway.

you all bring up good points......I really like the power wagon idea. Just I don't know squat about diesel. I guess I better start reading. :gunsmilie:

jeep cherokee 4x4 or 4x4 ranger extended cab. either of these would make great winter vehicles and could still be fun in the summer to go play dirty.

BTW Pak, i like the $500 pimp mobile idea i should try that...oh wait i already did, huh? i like how you snuck that one in there, BTW

jeep cherokee 4x4 or 4x4 ranger extended cab. either of these would make great winter vehicles and could still be fun in the summer to go play dirty.

BTW Pak, i like the $500 pimp mobile idea i should try that...oh wait i already did, huh? i like how you snuck that one in there, BTW

Uhm, that was thunderkiss dumbass.:smartass:

well.....I really like the idea of the powerwagon with a newer diesel engine swapped in. Anyone know what axles are under the 3500 vs 2500 trucks? I would love some d60s bc parts are easy to come by. And I figure I would just get a parts truck like a 94-97 dodge that had the 6bt in it and steal all the driveline components. Any word?

12v cummins motor 4 wires to make run. (easy) add 1000$ worth of parts and labor and 500+/- Horsepower is easy

2500, 3500 dodges all have D60 Fronts, D70 or D80 Rears

250 fords have D50 fronts, Sterling Rears + (metric wheels)

350 fords have D60 fronts, Sterling Rears + (metric wheels)

Duce and a Half axles can be had a lot cheaper, run bigger tires, and are already geared 6.72:1, with the brake drums removed they only weigh about 150# more than a D60, best part they can be had for 1100$

imagine 500 horsepower with 50" goodyearsdoing burnouts in a Sonic parking lot !!!!

Uhm, that was thunderkiss dumbass.:smartass:

correct you are, i read you post and his at about the same time and i guess i just had a senior moment. been a long few weeks and i'm still not rested up enough yet, plus i get to go at it again this week, change the PS pump, transmission modulator, head light switch, trubk weather strip and a couple dozen little odds and ends on the stang. i also get to help my friend do struts on his wife's caravan and his daughters avenger, we have to get his 73 charger mobile again so we can get it in his garage and then he's going to help me put shocks on the Linc and if we have enough time we're going to put the cd player in as well. i'll actually be kinda glad when he runs out of vacation time!!!!!!:sailor: LOL.

ewww damn I really do like the monster power wagon idea but I need to have this all built by the end of summer and can't work on it untill I get home from school. So I think I'm leaning towards a monster diesel 3rd gen becuase I could install the lift over a weakend then armor it with some bumpers/winch/CB/Subs and black it out. This size lift probably maybe just 37s though and a 6 inch lift. we'll see

http://www.autonowaz.com/trucks/dispveh_spec.php?intPicID=1900722630-2.JPG&intID=1900&strPop=1&strMake=Dodge&strCatagory=Truck&page=1&blnSpecial=

Well....changed my mind again.....I don't want to say anything about what I'm thinking of but oh what the hell.

Think of this.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200146982611&rd=1

but looking somewhat like this.....

http://www.aev-conversions.com/photos/album3.php

I wouldn't pay the 9k for their kit bc I want it on an older CJ but it could be a fun summer project........we'll see........ (this is the cheapest idea so far and one of the most fun year round)

I used to love my wrangler way back when before I could afford a seperate winter and summer car. I am kinda digging the Brute concept I must say. I am very surprised to only see one pic like this though?!??!?!?

DSC_3934_d.jpg

What I loved most about my Jeep was that it was perfect for New England, top down in the summer 4 wheel in the winter. I'd hate to lose that option but it seems you can just take the cap apart?