Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MloYlo2001

69 Mustang Rear seat question

I have a rear seat that I have never seen anywhere else and was wondering if anybody knows anything about it. My 69 Grande had Mach 1 high backs in the front and the rear seat back was black with 2 sets of running ponies going across the seat. Anyone ever see this option? I will take pictures if necessary

Yeah I think pictures are going to be absolutely necessary. Does not sound like any stock 69' seat to me.

The only thing I know of that looks like that at all is a 65' 66' deluxe seat.

0511mump_04z+1966_Ford_Mustang_GT_Fastback+Interior_View_Seat_Close_Up.jpg

Yeah I think pictures are going to be absolutely necessary. Does not sound like any stock 69' seat to me.

The only thing I know of that looks like that at all is a 65' 66' deluxe seat.

0511mump_04z+1966_Ford_Mustang_GT_Fastback+Interior_View_Seat_Close_Up.jpg

agreed, sounds like 65-66 pony interior seat, teh rear seats are absically interchangeable from 65-70 but the 65-66 ones are a little different and don't fit exactly right inthe later cars.

Sure. I'd still like to see a picture of it if you get the chance. I'm curious what that swap actually looks like in the car.

Not the best pics as I am in a hurry, but you can see the big gap on the sides which makes this a pretty blah upgrade

Yeah that is a bit smaller in width. It shouldn't be too hard for you to locate a 69' rear coupe seat though that you can recover properly. If that Pony seat cover is in good shape you may be able to even sell the whole thing for more than a correct one will cost you.