Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rstbkt69

Horn tone

Any body know what the frequency the horns are. I need some but I don't like the prices I am seeing on ebay or for plastic repros without even the brackets. Thought if I could find some Hella ones that had the right range I would go with these till I found some decent stock ones that wont break the bank. Thanks Jim

No just 60 bucks wouldn't be what is breaking the bank and no my car isnt close to being 90% finished. There was a empty unibody in the junkyard and I took it home and have been buying every screw, clamp,nut, bolt, suspension piece, wheels, tires, all the brake parts, interior pieces, glass, chrome, lights and engine component to build up a bare block. Not to mention hope the tranny I pick up works and all the associated cabels and bracketry and engine acessories to make it all work. I have replaced or cleaned off and painted every single nut and bolt, every one of them in the whole car. So if these exact repros you found are not the plastic pieces of junk I have seen in the parts places that I have looked at please send a link. It would make life much easier. Thanks

I just want to drive this puppy and I need to cut a few corners right now thats all. 3 years is a long time to think about driving somethig.

Know what you mean, i got the repro ones from MU, and i hate the sound they make, i adjusted them, but hopefully i will never have to honk at someone.....just the engine sound should do the job...

No just 60 bucks wouldn't be what is breaking the bank and no my car isnt close to being 90% finished. There was a empty unibody in the junkyard and I took it home and have been buying every screw, clamp,nut, bolt, suspension piece, wheels, tires, all the brake parts, interior pieces, glass, chrome, lights and engine component to build up a bare block. Not to mention hope the tranny I pick up works and all the associated cabels and bracketry and engine acessories to make it all work. I have replaced or cleaned off and painted every single nut and bolt, every one of them in the whole car. So if these exact repros you found are not the plastic pieces of junk I have seen in the parts places that I have looked at please send a link. It would make life much easier. Thanks

I just want to drive this puppy and I need to cut a few corners right now thats all. 3 years is a long time to think about driving somethig.

I hear ya, try owning and driving one for many years after having only dreamt every single night about one day owning one for 16 years just to have a careless driver take it away from you in less than 16 seconds for what will be 3 years now if I don't get it back together by October. I feel your pain times infinity. Who ever said that to loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all never had the hearts for a car I assure you. To compound things worse I am 85% complete and have been out of work for 9 months now with a baby due in 8 weeks. I may finish this car finally just to have to sell it to support my family, so I know about cutting corners all to well too.

Virignia Classic Mustang lists their brand new repro horn (complete with mounting bracket) as being metal and for $29.95 a piece. Give them a try, item number EG915 and EG916 for low and high pitch respectively.

Oh man that sucks that you may have to sell it later...with all the hard work you put in it....really...mine is 98.7 percent done, and it's been 2 1/2 years and it's about time i finish it cuy i'm going broke and i'm really getting tired period..

Cool Thanks for the heads up on the horn location. Babys cost a lot to get here but not really that much after they are here till they get to be about14. Thats when the cost of family counseling comes in to play. But being out of a job and all that happening will be a test for you. I was a single dad in the militry for a while and with all the daycare expenses I had I might as well have been out of a job. It will be tough but your family will make it through this. Good luck.

Well, ya know, I have to say my wife is very cool about it all. She assures me that there is no way way I am selling it no matter what and knowing it was worth nothing in boxes insisted that I continue to spend my insurance money and now free time getting it all back together rather than robbing peter to pay paul. It would indeed suck to have to sell it after finally building it into my dream car but we have been trying to start a family for over 7 years now and pushing our 40's it's now or never. Why it happened the one time in 22 years of working that I get layed off I don't know but I will make whatever tough choice I have to if it comes to it as this is way more important to me. We never had any intention of one of us not staying home to raise the kid but we sure as hell didn't think it would be me. Push come to shove though she is making almost as much as I was and I can't afford to take a job for less than she makes so I may just have to be Mr. Mom.