Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d.reese

Help> Convertible Top Parts Needed

Yea, I thought about the 64-68 clamps. The one that broke had been screwed previously by others. I figured worse case I would do same. Contacted cjs and no luck, will try pakrat. Thanks!

That is bizarre. Did you have a manual top or something? I don't even think I have ever seen a manual 69' vert yet if it is.

Anyway, I got some parts off a user named NMarlow, I am pretty sure her top was power though too. It would be pricey but may be a good time to go to all power and eliminate them completely.

Yep, it's manual top. Don't think I'll be going to power, bride doesn't think it's needed at this time. I've tried to motivate on how top moves while sitting in car, but she says shes not lazy nor rich. I didn't know it might be rare due to manual?

Well you know like everything people got use to things that were previously luxury now being a staple, the option list by 69' was crazy. Let her close it and open it a few times a day when she parks it and watch how quickly she changes her mind, it's not easy to do with 2 people let alone 1. I'm not even sure these days if you could order a top manual as it is such a hassle, the thing weighs several hundred pounds. If you get a Marti report you will likely see the number for manual top verts to be very low I am guessing and I'll bet most are bare bone 6cyl's with all other options manual as well.

I think your best and only choice would be to get the early model one and rerivet it to place. No one will ever know and it will be much better than a worn used part that will probably brake easy also. That's alot of tension for a small part.