Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69grandecj

Kelly Clarkson video with '69 Mustang

wow, that car loooks so much like the Steve Kleva car but with a vinyl top and different paint. it has the scoops, rear spoliered decklid and even the cowl hood. until now Kleva's car was the only i'd seen with all of those parts installed.

Hunh, very unusual to use a modified classic in a video, they must know the person who owns it or something. If that guy is in the habit of backing into trash cans and leaving at the airport though then he definately doesn't deserve it.

Anyone remeber when Lisa Marie Presley torched a 70' stang in her video?

O, I get it-in your mind you can take the car and run away from your haunting mistakes, but in reality, she's going to take your ride and split...gotcha. That video is just wrong for a tonne of other reasons I have the good sense not to go through in public.

Might just be me, but I think the cowl induction hood looks wrong on the 69. The side scoops are nice, how does one get a pair?

Edit-I think Lisa Marie just torched the car to have something interesting in the video.

Might just be me, but I think the cowl induction hood looks wrong on the 69. The side scoops are nice, how does one get a pair?

A variety of places sell them, look up 69'/70' Shelby Convertible. I bought mine at Tony Branda, very good quality. I agree about the cowl, to Camaroish.

Yeah I think so. Only mod I did to them was that they come with only 3 bolts in the center for mounting so I removed them and added 6 bolts to mate up to the stock holes. This not only avoids drilling new holes in the body but allows someone to return to stock in the future if so desired. It also makes them mount more securely and flush to the body since they are wind catchers. I also shaved just a little off the thickness so they would be shallower and shaped it to match the curve of the panel top to bottom.

Oh yeah, just FYI, the screens are sold seperately.

New_Paint_008.sized.jpg

God no, die grinder and dremel. I did an initial fit to the body and held a pencil against the panel then ran it all the way around the perimeter, this scribes it to the shape, then I just carefully shaved off everything to the pencil mark. It also helps to thread some nuts down the bolt first that go to the outside of the body and are flush with the surface for final assembly, this way when you tighten it down you don't get a pucker in the fiberglass on the outside.

no, die grinder and dremel.

I was just checking. :rockon: Beltsanders and duct tape have their place(s), I just hope not to need them too often. It will take some time to process the rest of the technique, though. Thanks.