Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dchandler60

Identification Help

I cannot seem to find out what this blank below Mustang is supposed to be? I have looked at alot of mustangs and have not seen it, and cannot seem to order it. I do believe this is original fender and my car is a 69 fastback w 351w from factory. Is this original? or someone put this on , and what is it supposed to be? Thanks David mustangrfender.jpg[/img]

It should in fact say 351 for your car. This was a rare and seldom seen option that I have seem before. Usually it is only found on a 351 or 390 car that does not have a hood scoop with the regular square engine badge number on it. Why Ford made this one oddball item at an angle is beyond me except that maybe they tried to match the script but up until just a few years ago it was not reproduced but I believe i have seen it in the most recent CJ Pony or NPD catalog, not sure which though.

This is a copy out of my Ford body assembly manul that I scanned for a differen treason but you can see it here and barely make out the description on item 2 to the right.

odd_scoop.jpg

Looks like it is CJ PONY Parts BTW that makes a stick on repro of it in 351 only, here's the item number.

Those are somewhat rare. They used those on 351 & 390 (none made with 428) cars that did not have a hood scoop. If they had the hood scoop they used the rectangular ones rather than those slanted ones.

It should in fact say 351 for your car. This was a rare and seldom seen option that I have seen before. Usually it is only found on a 351 or 390 car that does not have a hood scoop with the regular square engine badge number on it.

Those are somewhat rare. They used those on 351 & 390 (none made with 428) cars that did not have a hood scoop. If they had the hood scoop they used the rectangular ones rather than those slanted ones.

Sounds better when you say it.:smartass: