Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meanstang69

69 mustang power trunk lock

I am wanting to put a power trunk lock in my car and I have seen some on ebay that is supposed to be a direct fit from another ford vehicle but of course they never metion what vehicle it originally came from,I would rather go to the salvage yard and get one myself and save a few bucks so I was wandering if someone might know what would fit my car.

most mid 70's ford vehicles. granadas, torinos, t-birds, etc. i'd suggest taking your stock one with you so you can match up the height and mounting holes, etc. the electric release is slightly different shaped but they will fit right in.

Mustangsplus sell a kit also. Pricey of course....

http://www.mustangsplus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MPFMP&Product_Code=12037&Category_Code=remote_trunk_release

Curious though - what's the turn on or reason for a power trunk? Not understanding the need. Just the "cool factor"? Not knocking the desire - each his own....

cool factor is one reason but you can also hook it up to your alarm system and have a keyless remote for the trunk if you wanted, that's my plan.

Now I see says the blind man....

Keyless remote is cool - combine it with shaved doors and it's way cool.

One of the regulars at the area car shows has a 68 FB with shaved doors and keyless remote. Way cool to see the windows roll down and the door pop open with a touch of a button.

cool factor is one reason but you can also hook it up to your alarm system and have a keyless remote for the trunk if you wanted, that's my plan.

Yeah, i'm doin' a little more work on my "on-going" project today. I hope to have the main module mounted and wired by Saturday.