Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FallujahMedic

Weatherstrip Channel (on body) @ window

When you open your door and you look @ where the window meets the weather stripping, notice the chrome (or painted) channel that holds the weather stripping in place? It goes almost all the way ' round the door opening... Anyone have an idea what it's called? I called NPD today and must have gotten a new guy. The only time i've ever called and they had no clue about what I was talking about.

Anyway, need 2 of 'em and need to find a part number. looked it up on my Detroit Iron CD, but still couldnt find what I was looking for.

Anyone??

it's called a window channel and they are not reproduced so that may be why they didn't WTF you were talking about. it's one the very things that ever gets stripped off a parts car so you may be able to find one locally if there are any wrecking yards in your area that have old stangs or ebay.

cougar pieces will work also. there is a guy in teh parts for sale section that goes by cajun69 i think that is parting out a 69 grande, he probably has the pieces you need.

Yup, as a convertible owner you need not worry, it's a hardtop part. This channel molding holds the roof rail weatherstrip (seals the window at the top when rolled up) in place.

DSC00122.jpg

You can just barely see the chrome channel in this pic, between the drip rail molding and the seal. the roof weatherstrip seal rides in this channel.

You can have my old ones. I just found some that were in a little better shape than mine. I'm sure shipping would be a pain because of the size box they would need. Let me know if you want more info.

Hey thanks!

Where you located? I'm in PA

My drivers side one has a nasty kink in it that screws up the bend of the channel. My PS one is way out of whack aligned to the windows.

Did your old ones fit well on your car/windows?

If shipping's not crazy i'd definitely take'em if they're in good shape! Let me know!

I need one of these also if anyone reads this and has one to sell. Passenger side sportroof. Window weatherstrip channel that screws down and holds the weather strip in place.

The sportroof ones are reproduced. Check CJ pony parts.

Coupes are not unfortunately... I just paid $175 for a used pair from Glazer Nolan mustang barn :-(

Hey guys. New member here in need of some serious help. I've been searching for these channels used with no luck. Has anyone used the ones from CJ Pony Parts. They look a lil different and I think they might be the wrong part. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.