Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musman

shaker base assembly for 351W...

I've just gotten these 2 pics of what seems to be a 351W shaker base assembly...but i was told otherwise by other members from other forums....they tell me it could be for a Torino as well, one thing is certain, it's for a 351W cuz it's got the metal elbow up front for the breather...

Anyone out there with a set -up for a 1969 windsor mach1 Mustang?

Thanks634b_1.jpg

63d6_1.jpg

When I had some issues with my shaker this guy helped out -- www.perogie.com

There were several styles of shakers even in the same year. I have a shaker on a 302 that I believe came from the 351W that use to be the original engine in my car and it has the breather access on the side. I have seen only one other shaker exactly like mine and it was on a 69 351W.

Thanks for the site - two more pieces to my puzzle found! According to his description I have a 351C shaker on a 302. A previous owner swapped out the original 351W and FMX-I tracked down his address and phone to Texas through titles but he moved and quit trying to find him.

i've seen all these pics and sites you've just showed me, but my main concern is is it for a Mustang or a Torino, how could i tell the difference....i have a Cleveland base at home with the breather on the side, it has a serial number on top of the lip, i think that tells the whole story of the base...

Thanks guys

other than the shaker ring that looks identical to my 351w base.

I gave up on that base , i think for now i will settle with a repro one from Fordramair.com, he makes excellent quality repro shakers and stuff. I,ve spoken with him and he's very knowledgeable with his products.....i'll just get the base from him, it looks like the real thing.....then maybe later if i get lucky!!!!!i'll find the real thing....

Dan