Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*JackBurton*

Camber adjustment..

Been reading up on a DIY alignment going to give it a try tomorrow. When setting camber how do I adjust the cams on the lower control arm? I've got some specs but what would you guys recomend? (I have a shelby drop BTW)

Thanks

Sean

P.S drove around the block twice today WOOOT :punk:

Try this as starters and fine tune from there.

STREET SPECS * Caster:

+1.5° to +2.5° Camber:

0 to -.5° Toe:

1/8" in STREET/PERFORMANCE * Caster:

+2.0° to +3.0° Camber:

-.5° to -1.5° Toe:

1/8" in * Caster and camber setting must be the same on both sides for proper handling • • •

bottomcurve-120.jpg

Just as a reference stock Mustang specs were 1/4* positive caster, 3/4* positive camber and 3/16" toe in. With the Shelby drop the optimal setting is 2* positive caster, 0* to 1* negative camber and 1/8" toe in pretty much as solo's street numbers.

STREET SPECS * Caster:

+1.5° to +2.5° Camber:

0 to -.5° Toe:

1/8" in STREET/PERFORMANCE * Caster:

+2.0° to +3.0° Camber:

-.5° to -1.5° Toe:

1/8" in * Caster and camber setting must be the same on both sides for proper handling • • •

where did you come up with those numbers?

+2.0 to +3.0 camber? that's insane, i run at least -.5 to -1.0 camber on the street at least.

B i think the +2 and +3 are for the Caster. i think its supposed to be written Caster: +2 +3

Camber: -.5 -1.5

Toe: 1/8"

ok, i see what happened. when he copied the specs from John's site and pasted them here the forum didn't put them back in the same order as they were in, with the spaces and such.

Well guys I got the camber to 0. I need to play around a little more to get it to -1. thought I had the caster but I need to play with it some more. Toe in was 1/8" but I need to check again. When I drove it around the block the car really fought and didn't want to track straight.

I'll play with it again after the rain.

Sean