Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

railblazer82

C6 tranny's

This probably applies to all tranny's, but the one in question is a C6. I have the oppurtunity to aquire a C6 out of a 69 f250, i figure this probably differs in the mustang, but could it be used??? If it does differ, how? Thanks for answering all my dumb questions!!!!!

This probably applies to all tranny's, but the one in question is a C6. I have the oppurtunity to aquire a C6 out of a 69 f250, i figure this probably differs in the mustang, but could it be used??? If it does differ, how? Thanks for answering all my dumb questions!!!!!

I'm not that smart when it comes to Stangs, but I can tell you that I have a C-6 in my '70 with a 351 Cleveland. The PO must've installed it. The only thing that I can see that's visibly different is the driveshaft. It looks new. I'm not saying you need a new/different one...i'm just saying mine is.

most of those f-250's had FE engines either 352 or 360 usually and the bellhousing pattern won't work with your small block. you need a smallblock c6 which are actually fairly hard to come by. your best is late 70's- late

80's truck with a 302, 351 or possibly even a 300ci six cylinder.