Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JC69Stang

New parts, check them out!

Please look at my car domain site on page one to see my new stuff.

Now I just need time to actually work on it!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/958894/1

Joe

Sweet! That looks like what will be in my posession in a couple weeks. I'm also doing the disc brake swap and using late-model wheels. I am going to buy the brackets this week. I have to ask, why did you choose the Vintage Venom setup vs. the Mustang Steve brackets?

I also have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing what the FR500 wheels will look like on your ride. I kept the Ford Racing 2000 Cobra R wheels from my 2000 GT that I sold (see below). The plan is to put these on my 70 convertible. They should fit out back (18x9.5 with 6.19 backspacing), but they'll need to be narrowed for up front. Did you or are you planning on narrowing the wheels for up front? Also, what size of tire are you going to run?

Finally, what Master Cylinder are you using?

Thanks!

9.jpg

Sweet! That looks like what will be in my posession in a couple weeks. I'm also doing the disc brake swap and using late-model wheels. I am going to buy the brackets this week. I have to ask, why did you choose the Vintage Venom setup vs. the Mustang Steve brackets?

I also have to say that I'm looking forward to seeing what the FR500 wheels will look like on your ride. I kept the Ford Racing 2000 Cobra R wheels from my 2000 GT that I sold (see below). The plan is to put these on my 70 convertible. They should fit out back (18x9.5 with 6.19 backspacing), but they'll need to be narrowed for up front. Did you or are you planning on narrowing the wheels for up front? Also, what size of tire are you going to run?

Finally, what Master Cylinder are you using?

Thanks!

Well, The 9' will fit on the front with the right size tire, I was told on here that a 245 will fit. I will have to toll the fender, but taht is ok with me. So I do not plan to narrow the front at this time.

I will run a 275 tire on the rear.

I went with Vintage Venom because I contacted them, and they were very helpful and answered my questions. they were selling a complete Billet Aluminum kit on Ebay so I went with it. I think the Mustang Steve parts are equal in quality etc.

The master cyl is from MP Brakes. Non power disc/disc setup.

I am looking forward to the project comming together soon.

Hope that helps ya out!