Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaleRider

Painting Suspension Parts?

Got a little carried away. Thought I'd put new springs and shocks up front and this led to roller perches, shocks, 620# springs, upper and lower control arms, grabatrack steering kit, sway bar, monte carlo and export brace. Ought to drive like a race car when done. :001_smile:

In any case since I spent all this money on the front end I want it to look good next time I'm crawling underneath.

Interested in some suggestions on paint. Was thinking clear coat or ceramic colored with clear coat - any suggestions? Pics would be great.

Thanks

Mine is likely boring.. black and hammered silver.

-Stephen

Looks good. I have to ask, what's the best way to clean up a spindle before painting? Use soft wire and drill, media blast, dip? Most of the other parts I'll have will be new, so I don't have to worry about cleaning them. The spindles, on the other hand, I will re-use and want to refreshen.

Thanks!

I taped off the bearing and seal races and the ball joint holes and sand blasted mine. I ended up reusing some 71 spindles to get the big bearings and caliper mounts I had and the splash shields. You're right, most everything else would be replaced.

-Stephen

I've been 4wheeling my bronco for years. The axle is done in engine paint same with my roll bar. I'm able to wash it off and it still looks great. Cheap rattle can spray job and it comes out looking better than some of the powder coats that I've seen.