Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*JackBurton*

Interior options..

My mustang's interior is stock black. The previous owner added in a mach 1 dash and what looks like 70 mach1 seats. <--(that's a guess because the tilt forward lever is at the bottom of the seat) According to my Marti report body color is Jade Black.

So I'm thinking I need to break that up a little bit. I'm going to keep the wood dash and swap out the MACH-1 for the Mustang tag on the passenger side. Go with deluxe door panels -but- switch to 70 black/grey for the carpet and seats. Is there any problem using 70 carpet in a 69?

I want to keep the stock look of the interior but black/black doesn't cut it.

Any input would be great, I figure I'm about 4 weeks away from the interior so the more input the better.

Thanks

Sean

Oh does anyone have a photo of 70 Mach1 Black/Grey carpet?

the black with gray would look good. there was also a dark green option for the 70's as well. the 70 mach 1 seats i bought for my car were opriginally dark green, they don't look too bad actually. i think TMI will do custom color variations if you ask them nicely, like say you wanted black with green inserts.

Yeah black with green would be fantastic. The next question is going with the carpet, I'm thinking black with green as well.

When I was shopping for my mustang, there was a jade green fastback with green interior on ebay. It looked great but I think the black/green stripe would be better.

Thank you for the tip with TMI I'll give them a jingle and see what's up.

The previous owner added in a mach 1 dash and what looks like 70 mach1 seats. <--(that's a guess because the tilt forward lever is at the bottom of the seat)

You're right, the 70s had the levers on the bottom.

The 69s were on top (there's a joke in there somewhere).

Why Ford thought bending over further was better in 1970 remains a mystery.

i don't think TMI offers the houndstooth but these people do

http://www.originalauto.com/index.htm

i found another supplier somewhere but can't seem to find the link, maybe i have it in my email, i'll check and post it as well if i can find it.

well that was quick... here it is

http://www.roddoors.com/pages/fab-sc-dir.html

oh let me know if you go with one of them i'm interested in possibly the seats in that cougar i'm going to buy done in houndstooth like my old 70 cougar was. i'm going to swapping in the 86 gt buckets i've currently got in the stang into the cougar and i'll probably pick up another back seat to have covered to match whatever i decide to do with the fronts. i'm black leather with black and white houndstooth inserts.

I Grande donor I just bought has the black houndstooth deluxe seats. They are in pretty good condition except the cloth on the drivers seat bottom. I might be able to buy just a yard a of the houndstooth and repair the seat.

Thanks for the link!

I think Ivy Gold was the green we were talking about. It looks great when it's new but after some years it starts to look a little too olive for my tastes.

124535962-L.jpg

This seems to be in ok shape.

I'm not 100% sure that going doing the insert color in this shade of green. However I'm not sure what shade of green will look right with a car painted like in Black Jade. I'm really worried about how the insert in the black/green carpet will look. I could go with a dark racing green it might go with the paint job below.

1969Mach1BlackJade.jpg

-or-

1969Boss429Green.jpg

I'm looking at going with wheels like these -which are grey-ish, so maybe black with grey inserts might be the better call. Any idea what size these wheels are?

1166575160-70boss1.jpg

those are 17 vintage wheels works v40's i believe

Those V40s look similar to the american racing version.

What do you think about the green versus grey inserts on the interior? I'm really worried about doing an ivygold insert for the seats. Esp worried about the insert into the carpet. The carpet insert is a big area to have it turn puke green a few years later.

Find a nice interior shot of a finished Mach 1 (will most likely be the typical red panels) and then photoshop the greens and grays in so you can get a better idea of how it will look.

i think the gray would look fine, however my car originally had the ivy gold interior and rather than fading to a puke green it actually looked more black after several years, the ivy gold mach 1 seats i have in the garage also look more black now, they'll soon be recovered in black 70 deluxe material though. i'd offer to let you have the old green covers but they're totally trashed and full of dirt so they're absolutely worthless.

Bnickel,

Would you mind posting a photo of how your seats look after some age?

Thanks

Sean

EDIT** Sometimes I wonder if I was supposed to ride the short bus!!

I have a freaking marti report on this car and it lists the interior as Black Kiwi. So I don't know what I'm up too. Time to play with my photoshop lol.

125044193-L.jpg

well that makes it easy, just go black!!!!

i don't have any pics of the seats anyway and they are pretty well thrashed so i don't think they'd be a good reference really. i was just saying they got darker with age rather than lighter. the original seats that came in the car are long gone too, so no way to post pics of those either. but since your's are supposed to be black anyway, no worries.